Giving a Guarantee - what does it cover?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jibspark

Electrician
Reaction score
im slowly getting prepared for joining a scam, and i thought i may as well start offering a guarantee as i will need to when i join. what i don't quite understand is what you would cover.

this may sound a stupid question, but someone can shed some light on it i would be very grateful! it would be a bit more content to go on my website too! lol

i usually give 1 years gurantee on labour and materials i supply. not any materials they supply. this would cover any work i do

most scams have their own warranty options too. with elecsa, your supposed to give out a leaflet advertising this, but since elecsa still havent given me any....

not sure how other scams work this though

i usually give 1 years gurantee on labour and materials i supply. not any materials they supply. this would cover any work i domost scams have their own warranty options too. with elecsa, your supposed to give out a leaflet advertising this, but since elecsa still havent given me any....

not sure how other scams work this though
there on the elecsa website ready to download

Under consumer law you are guaranteeing your work and materials for one year anyway. You are supposed to flog a warrenty thing under scam rules , I never bother with it , I have enough to worry about . The customer has to pay for it anyway, I'm not here to sell insurance warranties for other companies I'm afraid.

With British standards you have to options you can either give the guarantee which guarantees the wiring system you have installed will not fail for 6 years and also complies to the regs of the time you installed it. It does not cover the components manufacturer guarantees this. The other is to give customer option to buy an insurance. I chose first option as its seems a lot less paperwork. It costs me

With British standards you have to options you can either give the guarantee which guarantees the wiring system you have installed will not fail for 6 years and also complies to the regs of the time you installed it. It does not cover the components manufacturer guarantees this. The other is to give customer option to buy an insurance. I chose first option as its seems a lot less paperwork. It costs me

who sells that sort of insurance? while im on the question of insurance, mine is up for renewal in a month or so and i might go elsewhere so i can get PI & PL cover. can any of you recommend any insurers?

who sells that sort of insurance? while im on the question of insurance, mine is up for renewal in a month or so and i might go elsewhere so i can get PI & PL cover. can any of you recommend any insurers?
Its a company called Stuart Alexander although I thing they have changed there name. Its a deal with British Standards.

Oh well , so be it, I'm sick and tired of filling in bloody paperwork for other people to shove in a file , never to be seen again, its hard enough to earn a living as it is . Its typical of this coniving , expense sheet fiddling, new bloody Labour government, while they are not dreaming up how to get more tax out us they are consuming our time with bloody ,bleedin' paperwork. Like this stupid CIS tax system, nothing wrong with the old 714 system but no they have to poke their bloody interfering fingers into every aspect of our lives , just leave us alone and get on with trying to run the country FFS.Awfully sorry folks , lost it a bit there. :eek:
I feel like that to but you can only carry on doing what you have to do. I think the biggest fiddle is the tax on insurance the thieving *******s make us buy insurance and then tax us for it.

Batty

If you are doing your job properly the Scheme providers insurance doesn't cover anything. It's a guarantee that the work was done in accordance with the regs.

It does guarantee the work for a year but as it doesn't cover accessories what's the likelihood of the actual cable going bad?

It covers nothing!

:|

If you are doing your job properly the Scheme providers insurance doesn't cover anything. It's a guarantee that the work was done in accordance with the regs.It does guarantee the work for a year but as it doesn't cover accessories what's the likelihood of the actual cable going bad?

It covers nothing!

:|
Unless you are a total arse as you have said wiring systems don't fail but to comply with part p you have got to give an insurance or offer customer chance to buy one.

Batty

Unless you are a total arse as you have said wiring systems don't fail but to comply with part p you have got to give an insurance or offer customer chance to buy one.Batty
are you calling me an arse?

The actual wire is very unlikely to fail?

I see that you have to give it but there should never be a claim...............

Was my point :)

are you calling me an arse?The actual wire is very unlikely to fail?

I see that you have to give it but there should never be a claim...............

Was my point :)
No what I was saying you would have to be a pretty **** sparks to have a wiring system fail that is why the insurance is only