Grading differences between Scotland & England/Wales

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need to give the full wording Kalzac there are various meanings .

FICA could be HMRC .

ACCA could be numerous things .....Air Cond.Corp. of America ....or something boring to do with Accounts :C

Apologies Evans Final integrated competence assessment and advanced competence assessment FICA is sparks trade test and ACA is approved which is grade I have gained last year but if you started your apprenticeship pre 95 you gained this automatically (Jammy buggers)

I that case I have no idea whatsoever .

I can only guess that the JIB Grading system is the equivalent , see their website .

JIB grades are something on the lines of :-

Apprentice

Labourer

Electrician

Approved Electrician

Technician

JIB sparks are not tested annually , it was instigated in the 1960s (when there was plenty of work) and ensured that when you changed from one firm to another you had a recognisable skills level and you would be paid the rate for that grade . They also ran a pension scheme .

There is a Scottish JIB called , believe it or not , The Scottish JIB .

Are you considering crossing the border ? And do you know about Part P of the Building Regs which affects Sparks down here ?

I know about the SJIB is who I work under And about JIB for you guys and that you guys have PartP and we don't but didn't know 2391 was test&inspect cert and that you had to be re assessed on joining a new company just read it on some posts.The only time will down is to visit the relatives