had surveillance visit

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianmacd

Reaction score
Had my surveillance visit yesterday afternoon. Passed but 2 things came out of it.

One is I need to do 2382 apparently. Its a new requirement ACAS has put on them so I am told. I have 12 months to do it before my next assessment.

The other is I taught the assessor something. He was not aware that Installation method C included cables embedded in masonry.

At least thats over for another year.

Last time he also suggested I think about joining the ECA but apparently they now require a level 3 NVQ to join. Guess they don;t want us 'quick spars' joining.

Ian.

nice one ian.

you'll be a fully fledged spark in time ;)

why do you think he sugeested eca?

as a money spinner for them or to help you obtain work?

nice one ian.you'll be a fully fledged spark in time ;)

why do you think he sugeested eca?

as a money spinner for them or to help you obtain work?
He said as they were part of the same group I could get in after trading for 12 months. Well its been 12 months and they changed the rules :( . Wasn't overly concerned about it as it was a nice have more than anything else. I recon they do try and push ECA. Also got a pack asking me to join though after attending a joint ECA/ELECSA evening the other month.

Well done!

Allegedly NIC want everyone to do 2382, ready for BRB,s replacement next year BOB! Another money spinner methinks

well its still 17th just like 2381 was 16th but they probably wont miss a chance to fleece us all some more.

Well the note he referred to (ELECSA not NIC mind you) was dated March 2010.

I went to an NIC talk this year cant remember when tho' And they said theres an amendment planned every 3 years. As its BS you can only do 3 ammendments and then you need a new one! The next ammendment is about a 40% change on BRB due next year and its a Big Orange Book. So everyone needs to have 17th by the end of this year. Now that is what they told me so it may have changed and of course they may have been wrong!!!