Happy New Year and what goals have you set?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Admin 7

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
TEF Moderator
Sponsor
Reaction score
I hope each of you have had a good New Year's Eve and Day. Maybe some good feasting. And now I wonder if you have any goals?

What are they if you want to share?

Goals????

Probably the same one as I have been trying to do for more years than I can remember....

Make sure your WORK/LIFE balance is correctly calibrated...
{and evaluate/amend/adjust if required}

Working yourself stupid to earn big money can have some rewards...
BUT... If you miss any essential "family/loved-ones" events...
[That you can't order online for next day delivery or click & collect]
Then those rewards may not be as good as you first thought!?

During 2022 I acquired four new grand-children.. (after starting the year with just one grand-daughter)..

So basically.. Its doing enough "Paying-Jobs" to....
(a) Keep me ticking over so I don't get bored.
(b) Keep me out of the way of Mrs Spec-Location, so she is happy with the jobs I do around the house.
(c) Keep the essential bills paid.
(d) Keep any customers I do work for happy.
(e) Other's I can't think of at the moment?

But as long as time spent on: "work / family / play / friends / loved ones / free time to relax " ...
are all correctly balanced/calibrated for your personal lifestyle.. then ALL is Good!!

Wishing everyone the best for 2023... [whatever it brings!]

As above, but also trying to cut out the junk food abit. Whilst a bacon butty in a morning is nice I'm trying to cut down. Difficult when your out early and back late to avoid the McKFKing drive through but that's the plan.

I've decided to try a full fat Friday routine which is the only day I can have a bacon butty for breakfast.

It's working so far, but it's only working day 1 of the new year !!!! 🤣🤣🤪🤪

Where do you plan to visit?
Europe, all of it! :D

We spent a month in Scotland last year, which was great, wife wants to go to Ireland for a month this year - we have friends over there. Got a couple more years to full retirement, then I would love to drive through fjords of Norway and Sweden via Denmark - probably spend a couple of months on that one. Also want to visit the Alps and down into Northern Italy. Ideally we would take the best part of a year out and see where we end up. Might do the 'run to the sun' in winters to come, but for the moment there's lots of England we have never visited like over Kent way.

I've never been a believer in these New Year changes or resolutions if you want to do or change something then just do it.

We spent a month in Scotland last year, which was great,

We spent 20 days exploring the outer Hebrides and Mull before visiting our friends near Inverness last June - to say we were lucky with the weather is a little of an understatement!

This year we have holidays to Wales, Corrour Station in the Highands by sleeper from London, the Llangollen canal and a week in the Lakes ..... and possibly a long weekend in Nantes!

Life is for living and exploring - we've had our fair share of extreme hardship (something youngsters these days don't understand) so now IS the time to travel while we have our health and mobility:)

We've written up a "bucket list" of places we want to go to and they include Nepal, New Zealand, Norway for the northern lights and many other places in the UK and Europe.

No children to support and no mortgage AND not having to go on holiday at school holiday times is great.

Bucket list that is another annoying phrase but most things annoy me, don't make a list just do these things.

Latest posts