Harrington Builds

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kme

Fridge Keyholder™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody had any dealings with?

I had a message from the office to call someone there, regarding a building requiring electrical work locally.

When I call back, I get a "manager" (sounded a bit salesman-ish), who wants me to be "their" spark for local works. I price the work, they take 4% commission; plus, (if I understand correctly), they want

I always worry about these type of schemes I had one ring me the other day think he said he was something to do with ther government or sommething and they organise work for councils etc. I asked how much and think it was around the

Based in brighton sounds like another reincarnation of building trades database, or whatever they are called, there are a few threads about them on here. Could be wrong but sounds like a similar theme on what they did / do!

When you do a google search for their parent company A Chase Associates LTD, nothing comes up, therefore I would stay clear. Ask them if you can visit their offices and gauge the reaction.

Based in brighton sounds like another reincarnation of building trades database, or whatever they are called, there are a few threads about them on here. Could be wrong but sounds like a similar theme on what they did / do!
That sounds decidedly like Quality Building Services... discussed before. (I wasn't sure how to link to another post, so apologies if I've made a horlicks of it).

I had a call yesterday, they were posing as a building company and got me to call their 'manager'! Got through to some jack the lad who said he had 2 rewires and a homeless shelter lined up for me, he tripped up though because he said i would be the only contractor in the area, then said i might be working alongside other blokes. He even tried to get my card details there and then!

hi just registered on here

i had a call from a "manager" on monday saying they were looking for an electrical contractor in my area as their MD had recently aquired some contacts from connaught and rok who have recently gone under. at first it seemed fairly genuine, he asked for references,copy of niceic enrolement etc and they wanted a 4% cut.i said id give it some thought but when he asked for

i had the call today, asked to phone them back to speak to Mark Jackson. called straight back, he wasnt in but someone else (sounded like the guy that had just phoned me) explained everything about commission etc. they would cap my potential work to 4k a month and they had work straight away. all was sounding pretty good and i was keen until i was suddenly asked for my card details for an initial set up fee- thanks harrington but no thanks!

tom,

Glad you sussed them mate, welcome to the forum by the way.

Please pop into the introduce yourself area and give us all a bit of an idea about yourself.

Stick around too, you'll get other gems and help like this to keep you on the straight and narrow!

:Welcome: :Applaud :D

i had the call today, asked to phone them back to speak to Mark Jackson. called straight back, he wasnt in but someone else (sounded like the guy that had just phoned me) explained everything about commission etc. they would cap my potential work to 4k a month and they had work straight away. all was sounding pretty good and i was keen until i was suddenly asked for my card details for an initial set up fee- thanks harrington but no thanks!
Welcome to the forum tombennets, thank you for that input, as Sidewinder says, tell us more about yourself.

Doc H.

Hi guys, just joined today after googling harrington build and being led to this forum. Is this a part of electriciansforum? looks very similiar except for the colours! Im self employed (just over 2 years) experience in domestic, industrial and commercial. Just trying to get into the PV market at the moment, done a bit of subcontracting so far but want to get well and truly on the bandwagon!

yep, i was asked to introduce myself on this post as well, dont want to upset new friends!!