Heating / cooling for "battery box"

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Smith

Reaction score
Hello @johnb2713

Look what I found. Your original post I supposed. What a journey you've made:)

I came across this post looking for discussion about having a fan heater for the batteries.
I came across this product Click Here

I thought this was quite cool. I did not know it existed. You could plug either a fan heater for winter and the device as a Winter mode (start temperature < stop temperature) and in summer swipe the fan heater by a fan to cool using the summer mode of the device (start temperature > stop temperature)

What temperature controller do you use ?

Split from Click Here (New question)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello @johnb2713

Look what I found. Your original post I supposed. What a journey you've made:)

I came across this post looking for discussion about having a fan heater for the batteries.
I came across this product Click Here

I thought this was quite cool. I did not know it existed. You could plug either a fan heater for winter and the device as a Winter mode (start temperature < stop temperature) and in summer swipe the fan heater by a fan to cool using the summer mode of the device (start temperature > stop temperature)
The problem in my installation with the device you suggest is that battery temperature needs to be monitored at the bottom of the housing for heating and the top of the housing needs to be monitored for cooling. So remote sensors are needed.

What temperature controller do you use ?

Split from Click Here (New question)
For the time being I'm using 2 x STC1000'2, one for heating and one for cooling, theyre a great little controller and can be set to have a really tight on/off band which is great for this application.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/31401034...dCJNB8vV9ZZOYr7YAd4r0M1L+cYF|tkp:BFBM8LTW16Zh
Later I will be patching it all in to my Home Assistant to control the temps.

J

Latest posts