Hello all......

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m47ty

Reaction score
Im new to the electrical world, so bare with me

So am I right in thinking that to be a qualified electrician i need

city & guilds 2330 technical certificate level 2/3

with

17th edition IEE Regulations

then once I have done that need o have an NVQ Level 3?

I really want to try and do fast track courses in these if I can do, iv looked on the net, but there seems to be a lot of training centres that offer you loads of different courses.

just wanted to see which ones I Should definately do, and also if any one knows any fast track training centres in the Manchester area that would be perfect

matt

ye but if i do the fast track course in the city & guilds 2330 technical certificate level 2/3, then get a job with an electrician and then do the NVQ level 3 there, wouldnt that be good?

what would you suggest,

ye but if i do the fast track course in the city & guilds 2330 technical certificate level 2/3, then get a job with an electrician and then do the NVQ level 3 there, wouldnt that be good?what would you suggest,
Working with someone like you said there would be a better start than most 5 day wonders. better than fast track and on your own and doing everything wrong because you dont know what your doing

Full apprenticeship would be best, but since your asking this, im guessing you cant get one?

im 26, and want a career change.

im not really up for going to college again for 3/4 years to do a course in this. as its a rather long time to do it esp at my age now.

the courses i have seen are 3/4 months long (ful time that is) they have hands on tuition, with a lot of practical help/

i would go for the apprenticeship if you could get it, yes you maybe 30 when you qualify but you will have so much more knowledge of electrical systems and installations, rather than a 4 month course, apprenticeships are long for a reason, theres so much to know of electrical installations and systems...i had 4 months on at college and 4 months on site for 4 years...

i see your point.

like i said i could do the fast track 2330 course then get a job where i will my nvq level 3, whilst gaining more knowledge of electrical installations and systems?

Whatever you do welcome :D
ha

thanks

im a bit confused on what to do now. i read plus and negatives sides of both things

at the end of the day i want to be an excellent electrician

hathanks

im a bit confused on what to do now. i read plus and negatives sides of both things

at the end of the day i want to be an excellent electrician
The issue with these fast track courses seems to be the lack of practical experience. Sparking is, by it's very nature, a very practical hands on sort of a job.

You need both the book learning and the practical skills. Not sure there's an easy answer for you - spending as much time on tools working with a experienced spark will be invaluable.

:)

Welcome to the forum.

26 too old?

I am 34 and I am in my second year (Final year) of my 2330.

In that Time I have also done the 2382-100 (17th edition regs).

Back to do the 2392 in September and then, AFfter experience? I will be doing the 2391.

:D

Two years is not enough either.

:(