Help!! Info needed about a special location

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just read the heading and i was expecting someone to have posted something along the lines of 'whats specs done now'? But nope....nothing...oh well it must just be me thinking that then! :^O
Could make a comment there....... ]:) ] :) ]:)

But I wont. ; \ ; \ ; \

:eek:

I think the problem is NICEIC will not be interested. I honestly think in the past being part of NICEIC was something to be prood of. Since part p they have thousands of contractors so how can they keep an eye on what they are doing. The business of doing a c/u change for an assessment is a joke. How can you show yours skills as an electrician by changing a consumer unit. When I did my assessment when part p started I had to show a first fix and two second fixes. How things have changed. Nowadays any tom dick or harry seem to be able to get registered and that is were it all falls down. I would contact NICEIC but don't hold your breath.Batty
I think the NIC are interested in all complaints that can be fully backed up and justified.....

BUT there are also cases of FALSE accusations and complaints

(as far as I recall one of our very own forum members had a bit of a false complaint made against him cuz customer had thrown wobbler!)

There has to be traceable formal complaint procedures followed and as said in post#20 Its the Customer that NEEDS to formally complain to the contractor AND the NIC not a third party who thinks the job is dodgey...

Me thinks 99.9% of the time its the customer who changes their mind...

because the contractor is a friend or relative! :(

& they don't want to rock the boat for our Doreen's cousin Brian,

cuz he does work hard!:Oheadbangheadbang

Thanks SPECIAL LOCATION!! with regards to making a complaint, i totally understand that its a contract between the customer and the person carrying out the work. i will be staying well out of it!! The reason why i asked the questions, is for my own learning and understanding of a situation regarding special locations for future reference.

The electrician has agreed to come back to the his house this saturday, hopefully he will sort it out for him.

Also sorry Admin 2, it was a bad choice of heading!!

Thanks SPECIAL LOCATION!! with regards to making a complaint, i totally understand that its a contract between the customer and the person carrying out the work. i will be staying well out of it!! The reason why i asked the questions, is for my own learning and understanding of a situation regarding special locations for future reference. The electrician has agreed to come back to the his house this saturday, hopefully he will sort it out for him.

Also sorry Admin 2, it was a bad choice of heading!!
Lol :^O

I'll let you off....only coz you a Cardiffian :p