Help on notifiable work

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkies2306

Reaction score
Hi guys need some info so please forgive if this has been asked before

I am a spark from N, Ireland a full approved niceic member and as you may no we dont have part p here so really everyone is a spark unfortunately

My question is i have just rewired a property in London for a friend the

job is now finished im about to do the cert for it can i ask am i suppose to notify the local building control authorities the house was done for a guy that lives in n, ireland he just done it up in case he goes back to live there as i say we dont have the regs here reference notification so could anyone point me in the right direction on what i should do next

cheers

unless your scam reg'd, then LABC must be notified in advance of any works, they may also want to inspect at first fix.

could try contacting NIC too - although part p doesnt apply there, they may allow you to notify works you do where it does apply?

I guess that you're not registered as a domestic installer then?

Over here most AC's have the DI added as standard, but we are assessed on Part P etc

If you do have DI then you can register it via the niceic brcs website, otherwise you'll have to notify it to the local building control and it will possibly cost you several

Hi Can i ask why if your an approved contractor you have to show your a DI as well does not being full approved count for domestic instalations

sorry for questions this is new to me we dont have to notify anyone here just do the cert give it to contractor and thats it unless theres probs

Some AC's only do industrial work so they aren't assessed on domestic stuff

There are a lot of other building regs that you need to be careful of with houses that some industrial guys wouldn't know

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 21:07 ---------- Previous post was made at 21:05 ----------

It doesnt cost any extra for an AC to have DI status, but they do need to be assessed on the domestic aspects of the job

Ok thanks for that seems i might be in trouble then why is nothing simple ill have to contact nic in the morning i did see something on their website about about notifying on the brcs website

just another question can you notify them at the end of the job as building control were out all through the contract to inspect house

thanks again

Understand Andy

if it only was a simple as where i live, over her the dogs on the street can do electrical work no one checks anything unless your registered then you have your annuall inspec believe me its not good here

I do find it suprising the people capable of doing a rewire are unable to verify a few simple rules and regs before work starts.

Doc H

Ok thanks for that seems i might be in trouble then why is nothing simple ill have to contact nic in the morning i did see something on their website about about notifying on the brcs website just another question can you notify them at the end of the job as building control were out all through the contract to inspect house

thanks again
You may be in luck then, the electrical work may be included in the building regs application then?

If not then they might let you add it as you are an AC, you might have to pay a little bit more though

You'll have to get in touch with the LABC though

I do find it suprising the people capable of doing a rewire are unable to verify a few simple rules and regs before work starts.Doc H
As he is a spark from N Ireland perhaps he was not aware he had to notify LABC before he started work as he is not enrolled as a DI. Maybe he was under the impression that he could notify after the job was complete?

Cheers

GS

As he is a spark from N Ireland perhaps he was not aware he had to notify LABC before he started work as he is not enrolled as a DI. Maybe he was under the impression that he could notify after the job was complete?Cheers

GS
he still went to do work in a different country.

its a bit like going to france, doing work there then complaining the system is different to the UK

Guys,

I came on here to get a bit of advice not to ****ged off. Andy correct me if im wrong when was N, Ireland not part of the Uk im living here my money is still sterling no difference we dont have same electrical regs regarding local authority thats all i was asking about what is this site for if not to help others

if helping another spark is that hard to answer a simple question without someone having a sly comment i dont want anything to do with it

I dont do any work in the uk, I do it where i live and i do a good job this was a one off and just to let you no i am listed as a DI on niceic website which i didnt realise so all comments and remarks can end along with my membership to this place ill go to the other site

Guys,I came on here to get a bit of advice not to ****ged off. Andy correct me if im wrong when was N, Ireland not part of the Uk im living here my money is still sterling no difference we dont have same electrical regs regarding local authority thats all i was asking about what is this site for if not to help others

if helping another spark is that hard to answer a simple question without someone having a sly comment i dont want anything to do with it

I dont do any work in the uk, I do it where i live and i do a good job this was a one off and just to let you no i am listed as a DI on niceic website which i didnt realise so all comments and remarks can end along with my membership to this place ill go to the other site
So where do you work then? :C