Hi All

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubblehead

Reaction score
I am getting back into the trade after many years away in the commercial diving world. Things have moved on and as everyday is a school day, hoping to learn from the experts.

Hi canoeboy, started off in brum with my uncle's electrical contractors. Mainly commercial/ industrial at the time. Working on jobs at jaguar and bournville Cadbury . As youth hated it and after four years joined Royal Marines, left the corp in 1995 into commercial diving. I pretty much knew I wouldn't go back to brum and commercial/ industrial. Anyway my brother in law is electrician and for past few years he has asked if I could help him out, so on off rotations I did. Finding I enjoyed the house bashing I thought I would upgrade my old and pretty redundant quals. 15th etc... So I went on some courses for my own interest. Namely 17th edition, 2330 various units level 2 and 3. 2392 inspect and test . I may try 2391 as I enrolled ages ago and forgot I did...because I am out of the diving I want to do something. I could continue with brother in law but, it's not really or working out, he lives bit up country, and other reasons I won't go into.

Bit of a life story I know, sorry about that...

I just can't do every job I get offered, but I'm also looking for 'additional labour' on casual basis to assist with some of my solor work. Dave the Glitz tends to get first refusal on the electrical stuff, but he's pretty busy as well at the moment. pm me