Hi All

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Firstly, apologies for not being around much. There are some things going on here that mean I cant get onto the forum as nearly as often as I would like. I seem to have temporarily at least, got full access here on My PC via Google Chrome as opposed to Firefox, My tablet has no issues getting on here 95% of the time.

As many of you know, I am claiming Job Seekers Allowance, as part of My deal to claim this, I have to do 6 months of voluntary work, I am doing this at one of the kitchens at Chesterfield Football club, this lasts until early January.

Now this may NOT be something you want to hear, but, if given the chance, I would take paid employment and steady hours with them. This allows Me to work up a bit of positive work history and lets Me get financially sorted.

The mad thing is, I am enjoying this, and learning tonnes of little bits off of the chefs, who seem not to mind Me looking at what they are doing and asking questions when they are free to answer them.

Anyways, I shall be kicking around here, but just not as much as usual.

Andy Guinness

Nice to see you back ZeeZee ,  are you thinking of becoming a chef now then  and giving up the Dark Arts ? 

The trade is picking up now , not sure about Chesterfield , perhaps you should get some feelers out 

Deke, either way its going to be a bit of a slog for Me, I am thinking once sorted, of just doing weekends on the tools to get Me started, I have a few smallish jobs lined up right now, but Part P is needed, and its certainly not enough to sustain any business, so I will keep the football job if I get it full time, its cash in at least. If I were to do anything on the cheffing side, I would likely pay for My own training, as I firmly believe in trying to do things as fully as poss.

Andy  Guinness

Nice to see you back ZeeZee ,  are you thinking of becoming a chef now then  and giving up the Dark Arts ? 

The trade is picking up now , not sure about Chesterfield , perhaps you should get some feelers out 
slowly but surely,

after 3 months of almost nothing I have 2 maybe 3 weeks work atm.

Latest posts