Hi Awl

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Awl, just thought I would pop in, and give a little jist of what I am about, which is unusual 'cos I'm Fairly chaotic. Love my Snooker, top break 101, which was 4years ago since then only 50's that's what you call a lucky break eh. I bounced of the walls when I did it, I never thought I would get anywhere near that. I am a  Keen DIY'er....

......Oh no!, I heard you all say , I can hear y' awl from here, and I'm a little hard of hearing. Carpet Fitter by trade I know you lot can give it..... I can bung it back at yer  . That's not a challenge by the way. A bit of banter is good, keeps your feet grounded and your head in gear, bbrrrrhm

Anyway at the mo I'm doing a bit of DIY that has involved taking the interior of my flat out, including the floor between the ground floor and the basement,  It  was like being in a Cathedral like interior. Before I took the floor out the headroom in the flat was 3.5metres and in the Basement it was 2.1 metres, originally I had intended to dig down  to create the head height in the basement but the thought of removing all the dirt and then underpinning the foundations made me go ppuhhhhtt......

But then I came up with the bright idea of raising the ground floor a little  by 1.1metres and then raised the basement floor by 750mm so that I didn't have dig any lightwells. I am not lazy, just efficient  .

I am now at the stage where the new floor level is in new stairs and the Bathroom at the front is in tiles on, the rest of the place has the stud partitions up but no plasterboard.

Next job, and the reason I am here to seek your superior knowledge  , whoops I may have slipped up there.     , ..... you guessed it, electrics and due to unforeseen circumstances, my nickname may give you a hint, I have decided to split the new layout, and have created a separate Studio type flat, Bed/Lounge area kitchen and Bathroom with separate entrance.  And now I bid you well and head of to the part of the forum where you have not read this to seek your greater knowledge,  , thew, time for a  then a , wish me luck , chow baby.

Blimey........

That will be one big front step to the front door now then.

Blimey........

That will be one big front step to the front door now then.
Just like stepping into the abyss, trust in thy lord, I don't know why, the ****** has always let me down, I'm beginning to think the whole thing might be a con. But if he doesn't       y'know      pssst      exist        what,         are       those      voices can I hear. 

Perky at that time of the morning ?, just got in, a fews hours kip and I'm ready to roll

Canoeboy said:
You realise he has selective deafness
I heard that , Pardon ? , that phrase shows how far back I go. If only I could get back there, mind you another decade or so, I will be. I'm in hiding from my mate though, when we were 12, and those pesky adults kepted telling us what to do, and the age of 40 was to old to be alive, we made a pact that we would kill each other to save us from the embarassment of growing old, psst don't make a sound, I can hear someone , ssshhh.

Shhhh I hear voices
Thank God for that, I thought it was just me. I can hear a voice telling me "Bankers are good", go away, go away, I don't believe you, leave me alone ! .