Hot Water Scalding And Tank Thermostat - Help Please

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SR66

Reaction score
[SIZE=10pt]Hello[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]I was wondering if anyone could please help me:-[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]1.    [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]I have bought a new build (and the developer has disappeared !!). I have recently noticed that the hot water is very very hot (80 + degrees) – but has been ok in the summer. I have called out British Gas who has told me that the problem is likely to be faulty wiring causing the central heating (when turned on) to heat the water in the thermal store to a very high temp as well as heating my radiators as the cylinder stat is wired wrongly ??[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]2.    [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Could anyone give me views on this assessment ?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]3.    [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]My system is a MAIN condensing boiler with a Gledhill thermal store.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]4.    [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Many thanks in advance.[/SIZE]

According to gledhill they have advanced technology which prevents scalding? Perhaps you need to speak to them?

Taken from their website

Gledhill’s patented hot water control system goes one step further. It intelligently controls the speed of the pump drawing water into the heat exchanger from the store, using sensors and controls to regulate the heat exchange process and ensure safe water temperatures with no risk of scalding.