How busy are the Forumites ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wondered if a straw poll might be interesting on how busy each of us is this week . Or who is clearing out the van . Its now Tuesday 2030 hrs.

As for myself :-

Monday ......... nothing.

Tuesday......... nothing.

Wednesday ..... board change.

Thursday......... Board change and bonding.

Friday ........... visit to quote for offices rewire.

Next week ..... Installing print machines/wire new sales office.

monday:fitting main bonds

tuesday: college

wednesday: college

thursday: college.

friday: college.

next week

mon/tuesday: 8 rad heating.

wed/thurs: 8rad heating.

fri: board change and main bond upgrades

week after nowt. :(

Monday - Village hall security lights & cellar heater

Tuesday - Replace damaged CU, replace immersion heater time switch

Wednesday - Move Consumer Units

Thursday - Install/replace outside & security lights

Friday - Replace vent fan, fault find "electric tripping", caravan site earth rods

Next week:

Vehicle rental yard alarm, 7 x letting property PIRs

Monday-- P.I.R on empty House....Exterior Lights 1st fix......Payment off last weeks Kitchen job.

Tuesday--Repair to cable burn out on ring /landlord property. & P.I.R on another Empty house.

Wednesday--2nd Fix on exterior Lights..Board swap & P.I.R remedial work.

Thursday--Board Swap & P.I.R remedials..

Friday--Board swap & P.I.R remedials

Next week.........Kitchen 1st fix,,,,,,more P.I.R remedial work..

Things have picked up lately after being a bit slow in first half of the year !

monday : board change, rip out garage electrics, rewire immersion heater, bonding,

tuesday : rewire garage sockets x2 rewire conservatory socket x1, rewire garage and conservatory lights, reconnect outside lights and rewire / install spur and rewire override switch in hallway, ripout and rewire alarm feed, rip out old 2 way fuse board, rewire freezer socket, connect and test garage sockets and lights etc

wednesday : first fix extra socket and 2 extra lights in bedroom, first fix socket in same bedroom, then go to garden lighting job and first fix with wiring, then onto alarm fault on pub job,

thursday : finish garden lighting job from yesterday, and then proceed to another job to put cabling in for garden lighting on job from monday and tuesday,

Friday : install internet for a existing customer, then another pc problem,

Staurday, fix a brick support where a joist on a flat roof isnt supported so pick up acro and remove damaged brick, then put new brick in and remotar up.

Next week

Monday : Garden power and lighting to install,

Tuesday : CCTV and Alarm service at a resturant

Wednesday : Intruder Alarm Upgrade

Thursday : Intruder Alarm Upgrade

Friday : Day off seeing a show in oldham called gaslight (A play about: Gaslight is a classic mystery thriller, set in late Victorian London. In the first floor living room of a four storey house, Bella Manningham appears to be slowly going insane, but all is not what it seems.) ;)

Week After,

CCTV Install Mon, Tues, Weds, Thurs,

Friday : Nothins as yet :(

as of today 14.07.09 BADGER has the busiest schedule on his diary , lets wait for the others to input ... as of me , whew , kitchen still not sorted yet , physically fit but mentaly bothered as insurance were too slow , but the good thing now is we were given a hotel accomodation for 2 weeks..

Monday , install brick lights to a garage forecourt (I hate brick lights).

Tuesday, first fix security gates ducting and power supply for outside lighting (question coming soon on the forum)

Wednesday, remedial work at a factory, minor repairs.

Thursday kept free for over run at the factory, fire alarm and emergancy lighting measurements and quote to do.

Friday installing door entry and cctv system to a domestic house.

Saturday quote for garden supply and pond (koi carp to be kept)

Sunday OFF I hope.

Not very, drive shaft snapped, garage has had serious problems locating a new one and price for the part has trebled. :_|

Have not done a thing all week besides a bit of paperwork. :_|

Going to work tomorrow on a train to central london with a tiny toolbox and a test meter. :_|

Still looking at possibly two days before van back up and running, broke phone now written off by insurance company so have to wait for a new one to turn up using awful loan phone at moment that doesnt get reception at my house. :_|

Wish this week had never happened. headbang

This week,

monday to wed finishing a new build

wed- fri starting a huge stables.

next week

mon- fri stables

week after

mon-fri stables

week after

mon fri stables

week after

mon- fri local re wire

week after

mon-fri back to stables to 2nd fix a house that is onsite (well more like a cabin converted into a house & run supplies to feed it

week after

install smoke alarms in 2 terrace properties & upgrade bondings

and thats it, hopefully more will come fingers crossed

So far Monday and Tuesday both quiet. Roughly half a days work each. One of us is doing some pregnancy diagnosis in some cows and the other operating on a cow with a displaced stomach.

Quite quiet but this is traditionally our quietest time of year. It's also Yorkshire Show week that takes a number of our farmers out of the area.

Hope vets can join in with your thread :D

Monday = dado trunking & extending rf + data outlets in 3x training rooms.

Tuesday = as above + installing wall mounted pc's & cabling for ineractive smart board projector system in all 3 rooms.

Wednesday = (only day buildings not in use) isolate cu connect circuits for abover, install remote rcd's for said circuits (cu is old TP sq D), test cert & re-energise. Evening go to price up UF heating & rf Extension + bonding.

Thursday = Fault find non working lights + remove old cooker/ hob Installing new & change smashed ccu. next address change 38x sso's & switches for new chrome ones + add small radial for extra sso in study.

Friday = swap 2 florry's in village hall with new units. Extend radial circuit via dado trun in a communications room & connect new comms racks

Saturday = Install shower circuit + rcd. next address fault find and get kitchen down lights working.

Sunday = A day off.

At the moment VERY!B-)

I generally try to avoid working weekends....

need time to myself & family...

But working 5days per week & weekends at the moment..

worked till 7:00pm tonight!

Mostly "NEW" customers as well,

which is always good.

I am part way though a small industrial unit / with new offices

for a company that has to be out of their old premiss's by the end of the month!

Installing:-

New sockets, Lights, Intruder Alarm, Telephone points, Data between offices, Door intercom, Ventilation from 3 offices & kitchen, operated whilst persons are in one of the offices. Additional control for roller shutter security doors..

I have keys for the unit so I keep dipping back in there between other jobs..

Just finished a New CU & bonding & kitchen lights day & half.

Tomorrow I start another new CU & Bonding & full kitchen refurb!

So I cannot complain at the moment... ;) :)B-)

Makes me think of Ambrosia Custard :D Devon knows how they make it so creamy..........

Could you find out for me?
Will ask my brother when I see him he's lived down that way for a few years. I am looking forward to having a bit of free time with no work.

Have a great time..........................

But leave the van in the lay by with kettle & cake ready & waiting...

Put the keys in that Wago box tucked up behind the rear wheel arch ...

so I can still have my tea & cake!Blushing] :)

The week is never right without Tea & Cake on Mondays! :p :x :xApplaud Smiley

Will ask my brother when I see him he's lived down that way for a few years. I am looking forward to having a bit of free time with no work.
lol - while you are here can you just change my immersion heater element.............

I can see it now!

:D

Have a great time..........................But leave the van in the lay by with kettle & cake ready & waiting...

Put the keys in that Wago box tucked up behind the rear wheel arch ...

so I can still have my tea & cake!Blushing] :)

The week is never right without Tea & Cake on Mondays! :p :x :xApplaud Smiley
Cheers specs will be there as usual and the week after we will have devon scones.