How much to charge for EICR ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rugbymacc

Reaction score
Lost out on a job today

150 circuits to test at a car showroom

Price i lost out too........ was

If that is the going rate, I won't be doing any!

Followed PHS Portable Appliance Testing, at a local school, to say they hadn't been very thorough would be an understatement!

Cant somebody do a covert film of these guys creating these certs i would love to see what you get for your money.

Was this a big place how many ccts at a guess u know what's gonna happen don't u ze

Zs at estimated end of cct calculate r1+r2 lim everything else probably do it in a day or 2 got no chance competing with stuff like that

I meant DBS not ccts sorry

Also no testing to high lighting as no access obtained

i have a mate who works for a huge national company doing pat testing and pir's . when he started they put him with a bloke , to be shown the ropes. this bloke had been with the firm 12 years .

my mate told me the majority of there testin was ZS and long lead... they never took covers of. and most of the time they just copied the last years test cert word for word. ... i guess that explains the

Biggest tester of Local authority buildings around here test for around

I have been getting a few emails recently from estate agents asking for prices.They are free email addresses with no details. I guess they are trawling the NICEIC website using the postcodes. An example i got yesterday, 'We are a North London estate agent and currently pay

Oh so it isnt just me who think PHS do all their certs from the coffee shop next door.

I've seen there certs and codings and it's quite shocking and the prices they charge for remedial work,

Code 1's for blanks missing on boards

Code 2's for none RCD boards,

I met a guy at a networking meeting about 3 months ago and he does a lot of national testing & PAT testing and he told me the going rate was

Hi there, I think this will always be a problem as some sparks have no conscience. But IMHO to be able to sleep at night the inspection would need to be carried out correctly, and the fair price for this would be

I've seen there certs and codings and it's quite shocking and the prices they charge for remedial work,Code 1's for blanks missing on boards

Code 2's for none RCD boards,

According to the best practice guide it is a code 1 for missing blanks.

Exposed Conductors!

For little fingers.

I have always thought that the totally flawed campaign should push for proper din rail blanks and outlaw the clip on ones as they are far too easy to remove without a tool at all

Latest posts