How to deal with RCD tripping - external noise

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you dont have evidence,you have coincidence.

you MUST have proof your install is NOT to blame,

first and foremost that is what any defence will ask for, without that your case has nothing to stand on.

the test you have had done will not stand up to any sort of scrutiny, that has been shown on this forum already.
I have the test results sheets as performed by Haste - the DNO asked for them to be done, and paid for them, so they must give them credibility. If they want to wash their hands of the issue, they would have tried, with "proper" tests, to find fault at my end. headbang

FWIW, I'm certain they KNOW they have a problem, and are hoping the replaced trip will mask it, not cure it.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 02:46 ---------- Previous post was made at 02:44 ----------

Continual "coincidence" in my book is evidence, especially when no other non-attributable trips occur.

Turn the tables : why would they have paid for tests that you and others are saying prove nothing........

Last edited by a moderator:
when the house next door starts having similar problems then maybe one would listen. your case is isolated hence why you have to confirm your installation is clear.

if an external source is the problem through the line and neutral your neighbors will be having the same problem.

if the cause is an external source from line to earth or neutral to earth. just like your body, if your immune system is weak. Something external will infiltrate it.