How to get a copy of certificate

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you don’t use the correct term the customer will never learn. He expects you as the expert to know what is what.

I had a sparks round a while back doing a small job ask me where my fuseboard was. I told him I did not have one and had not had one for over 40 years. He then corrected himself.

Why does the customer need to learn?

Yes you are correct, the customer expects us to be experts however I’ve never came across someone who didn’t think I knew what I was doing simply because I called it a fuseboard instead of a consumer unit. I’m there to install circuits, fault find or inspect and I generally find that if this is done in a tidy and quality manner then they wouldn’t care one bit what i called it.

If you don’t use the correct term the customer will never learn. He expects you as the expert to know what is what.

I had a sparks round a while back doing a small job ask me where my fuseboard was. I told him I did not have one and had not had one for over 40 years. He then corrected himself.
The number of times I've said Consumer Unit to customers and got a blank look...

It really doesn't matter Boris J, with your rather suspicious name tag. Been to any cheese and wine business meetings lately 😁

The number of times I've said Consumer Unit to customers and got a blank look...

It really doesn't matter Boris J, with your rather suspicious name tag. Been to any cheese and wine business meetings lately 😁
Binky let's all run around talking to customers about their luminaries,

now waiting for customers blank expressions ,

now going to blow a fuse 😄

How come you had a sparks in, are you not an electrician (see the use of correct terminology there).

our regulations say the certificate should be given to the owner, and a copy to the person ordering the work (if different)

so yes approach the company who installed the fuseboard.

does this suggest your son in law is not giving you a copy ?
Where can I find that regulation?

It is under Appendix 6 of BS7671 but these are not Regulations they are informative.