i have a brilliant idea

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why doesnt the queen herself hand down some of those billions she has in wealth to the people in this country who needs it like us tradesmen who cantg work because of bozzo borises decisions. or is that  a quick and easy solution
Badge , the only people who actually part with any money in this country is us ,  the working population .   We are now paying ourselves the 80% of wages if employed &  the whatever they are going to pay us , the SE  .        I still hear folk saying stuff like ,  " The government should pay for this or that ....or the Council should give us this for free"  etc  

Where they think the Gov. / Council money comes from I don't know . 

Take VAT  ...theres a long economic chain that must start with the raw material  down to the final , manufactured article that we buy off the shelf .....  everyone in the chain claims the VAT back   until it reaches down to the working man  who  has to pay retail  + VAT   .  

The builder I used to work for had it right , he had a separate  account for VAT  .  His considered it was  "Not my money  I just have to  collect it "       He  knew then that his business account showed what he had to work with .  

Not sure I agree with that 

lots of work we do isn’t urgent .... therefore shouldn’t be done ... unless it’s in empty properties and you can work on your own

nothing says you cant work. criteria is simply can you work from home? if no then carry on. only certain business have been ordered to close. there is nothing at all to say your work must be urgent.

there is even guidellines stating you can work in peoples homes. basically, providing no one has any symptoms then carry on, just keep distance. if they do have symptoms then you can work if the job is urgent and you agree to it

if you choose to not work, then thats your choice (and for whats its worth, thats what ive mostly been doing, although i have still been working a few days a week)

nothing says you cant work. criteria is simply can you work from home? if no then carry on. only certain business have been ordered to close. there is nothing at all to say your work must be urgent.

there is even guidellines stating you can work in peoples homes. basically, providing no one has any symptoms then carry on, just keep distance. if they do have symptoms then you can work if the job is urgent and you agree to it

if you choose to not work, then thats your choice (and for whats its worth, thats what ive mostly been doing, although i have still been working a few days a week)

The danger is that people carrying on, especially who do many small jobs, visit many suppliers and many customers. Sure you can keep distance, but touching door handles etc provides the opportunity to transfer

my misses has just done 4 nights in 8 days ... so the chance of her bringing it home from hospital is a real threat.

like you, I’ve not done much recently

and I suspect the ones carrying on are those who are limited and have almost no support from the government.....

The danger is that people carrying on, especially who do many small jobs, visit many suppliers and many customers. Sure you can keep distance, but touching door handles etc provides the opportunity to transfer

my misses has just done 4 nights in 8 days ... so the chance of her bringing it home from hospital is a real threat.

like you, I’ve not done much recently

and I suspect the ones carrying on are those who are limited and have almost no support from the government.....

im not getting any support either, although i may be able to get something. not rally looked that much into it yet. so far, its been more of an excuse to get other stuff done. got loads to do at home and my unit. slowly working my way through the list ive just never had time to do. so far only urgent jobs are getting done, although ive got a load of lighting to do in a factory once deliveries arrive.

why doesnt the queen herself hand down some of those billions she has in wealth to the people in this country who needs it like us tradesmen who cantg work because of bozzo borises decisions. or is that  a quick and easy solution

Not sure I agree with that. Like it or not, the royal palaces etc employ huge numbers of people directly, then there is all the employment courtesy of the tourism etc.

then there are the huge numbers of skilled tradespeople trying to renovate them all the time too.

Windsor would be a very quiet place without the castle ......

Well I was thinking it’s going to be hard to sell a palace or two at the minute, no ones buying and the housing market has come to a standstill so you could be waiting much longer to get your share!! 
next badger will be suggesting that now all the kids have moved out that maybe the Queen should be renting out rooms on Airbnb to give her an income or she should have to downsize as doesn’t need that many bedrooms!! 

Well I was thinking it’s going to be hard to sell a palace or two at the minute, no ones buying and the housing market has come to a standstill so you could be waiting much longer to get your share!! 
next badger will be suggesting that now all the kids have moved out that maybe the Queen should be renting out rooms on Airbnb to give her an income or she should have to downsize as doesn’t need that many bedrooms!! 

Why not let all,the NHS staff, key workers etc stay there?  Loads of parking, central location etc etc

just saying

Possibly one explanation could be; if its anything like most families; Kids move out, but leave piles of their junk cluttering up the bedrooms and loft that you are not allowed to throw away, as they are in a rented flat with limited space. So you have to become a temporary, 'Free', Storage lock-up, operating on an indefinite contract.

Doc H.

How about a sliding scale for the multi millionaires

they are allowed a certain amount....same for all of them and this is still taxed at their current rate.....say, oh I dunno, £75M 😂Don't want them to be on their uppers like everyone else , do we?

any above that is charged at a much higher rate unless the give an awful lot of it away to say NHS, caters, those who actually need it

proposition 1)

ALL MPs have to submit a time sheet justifying their existence and reasons WHY they should be paid what they get

ALL corporates like Facebook, Google, Costa, Starbucks etc should be made to have their banking regulated in the UK if they have branches/business here and be subject to OUR Taxes....no ifs, no buts.  This would take a while to do so, say, give them 2 weeks after which time they are shutdown here and have to pay all the wages they would have earned up until retirement, index linked and tax free

Proposition 2)

ANYONE caught using/towing a caravan or driving a motor home/camper van during lockdown should have it confiscated and towed to the nearest hospital parked in the car park and it be there for NHS staff who are self isolating so they don't take the virus home to their families. Instead of being given a fine ( I'm not that heartless) the owners of said "vehicle" should just be made to pay the car park charges from the day of confiscation until lockdown ends   Then the "vehicle" sterilised with 🔥 

proposition 3)

ALL credit card and loan companies to drop interest rate to base rate from day of lockdown

obviously I haven't given a great deal of thought to any of these propositions and will prob come up with some more later

and thank yourselves that this Orange Bufoon isn't in charge ( remember 3 weeks ago he said it would be over at Easter when the weather warmed up as he knew a lot about viruses )