I.T room

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gonna have to ask you to explain?
i don't think that the 4mm rule for expected high leakage currents applys to single earth conductor only. i.e a ring will need 4mm earth also

not only that back at the db the earths of the ring should be connected independantly

i don't think that the 4mm rule for expected high leakage currents applys to single earth conductor only. i.e a ring will need 4mm earth also
How does that relate to using two 2.5mm

Totally lost me there.

It was asked, if we do not require a minimum CPC of 4mm

normally a ring would consist of 2.5 L&N and 1.5 earth but because of the high earth leakage we have to use 4mm earth but that does not mean the line conductors need to be 4mm too.

so it doesn't matter if its a ring or radial it still needs 4mm earth

normally a ring would consist of 2.5 L&N and 1.5 earth but because of the high earth leakage we have to use 4mm earth but that does not mean the line conductors need to be 4mm too.so it doesn't matter if its a ring or radial it still needs 4mm earth
I'm not suggesting that the line conductors need to be 4MM

when I read 543.7.1.3(iii) it refers me to 543

In which there is a section on high earth leakage; 543.7 I

n which there is a reference to 543

headbangheadbangheadbang

I still think 2.5mm conductors and 4mm earth is compliant.

or maybe 2.5mm or 4mm T&E with extra 2.5 single cpc

:coat

PS How can we connect cpcs independently when CU has one earth block?

when I read 543.7.1.3(iii) it refers me to 543 In which there is a section on high earth leakage; 543.7 I

headbangheadbangheadbang

Yes it is compliant.

If using two conductors as CPC, the two do not have to add up to 4mm

when I read 543.7.1.3(iii) it refers me to 543 In which there is a section on high earth leakage; 543.7 I

headbangheadbangheadbang

we had to add an earth bar to db's on a job once it was carp i tell thee

I remember an office suite installed in the early 80,s had two 2.5 ring circuits, floor mounted not RCD, and served about 30 pc's.

Just been rewired this year, or I should say last year.

The reference to section 543.

543.7.1.3(iii) "Two individual protective conductors, each complying with the requirements of Section 543."

"543.1.1 The cross-sectional area of every protective conductor, other than a protective bonding conductor, shall be:

(i) calculated in accordance with Regulation 543.1.3." etc.

The reference to section 543.543.7.1.3(iii) "Two individual protective conductors, each complying with the requirements of Section 543."

"543.1.1 The cross-sectional area of every protective conductor, other than a protective bonding conductor, shall be:

(i) calculated in accordance with Regulation 543.1.3." etc.
yes but the 543.7 is the section that deals with high earth leakage not 543.1

round and round we go! Wet Fish chicken or the egg????

bad day explode

OK I'm really lost here. So what is wrong with a ring of 2.5mm t&e?

yes but the 543.7 is the section that deals with high earth leakage not 543.1round and round we go! Wet Fish chicken or the egg????

bad day explode
One of the anomolies of the Regs. I'm afraid. Probably be sorted next year with the amendment.