Ideal Logic 24 - Condensate Pipe

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerracedHouse

Reaction score
I have the above boiler. Water keeps dripping down the plastic condensate pipe when I have the central heating on.
I have taken the front of the boiler off and removed the condensate container/trap and poured coloured water down the condenser pipe to see if there are any obstructions or leaks. The water went straight down the pipe to the drain, so no obstructions, but the coloured water did not appear on the outside of the condensate pipe. The leak only appears when the heating is on.

Any ideas?

erm... its a condensing boiler... which produces condensation... which funnily enough, leaves the boiler through the condensation pipe

in other words, if it aint broke, dont fix it

Last edited by a moderator:
As Andy says , its a condensing boiler , the condense goes down the condense pipe to the drain .

Suggest double check on a central heating Forum but I don't think theres anything wrong to be honest. 

Yeah, its leaking from outside the pipe (kinda thought that was obvious from my first post).

I don't think it condensation as the heating only has to be on for a short while.

Also as I poured water down the pipe earlier it ran straight down the pipe to the drain with no problems. I have just checked the end of the pipe by the drain and it is dripping condensate in to the drain. 

Maybe there is faulty joint, or maybe a crack, on the condensation pipe. Roughly how much would it cost to replace it?

crystal-ball.jpg

Without seeing it, no one can say. but its NOT a gas safe engineer's job, since its outside the boiler, you can do it.