Info on the 2392 please

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superdudeo

Reaction score
Hi,

Apologes if this has been posted before.

I already have my 2330 level 2 & 3 but I'm having trouble finding work at the moment so I'm looking to improve my prospects by doing the 2391. Trouble is I haven't got much testing experience.

Is the new 2392 a good place to start? It's called fundamentals in inspecs and testing which leads me to think it is.

Thanks

If you have lack of testing experience the 2392 exam focuses on just that, I found it a repetition of other courses so if you are unsure it may be right for you,

The exam is two part, 1) Multiguess on-line exam and 2) a practical

The practical is not designed to trip you up as there are no faults on the board, but you must demonstrate safe isolation, followed by the CRIPPLE tests (Continuity etc) and record your results correctly on a Schedule Of Tests Report and complete, then complete a EIC and a Schedule of Inspection correctly

the 2391 is more about PIR and aimed at the experienced electrician, the scam providers are likely to ask for the 2392 as a proof of competence in testing

Just a thought, you could knock up a dead test practice board on a sheet of MDF, mount 3xDS in a ring, add a single spur, perhaps 2 batton lamp holders with either two way with or with intermediate, a cooker socket on a radial, all though the runs would be short and the resistance negligible, it will give you something to practice on (you could increase the resistance with some resistors in line to simulate longer runs)

You might not want to fork out for a 6 way CU, but perhaps use 2x 8way METs to simulate the N and CPC bars, and a 15A connector strip for the L (obviously this setup must not be connected to any supply Pray)

You could not perform Zs on the above but you could arrive at one by calculation from a typical Ze, leaving PFC and RCD which would need an energised circuit, although you could make an RCD test box to perform the 30mA tests

Latest posts