Inspection and testing sheets

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

66ryanj

Reaction score
Hi all just wondered if anybody happened to use a "quick" sheet as oppose to going through the regs everytime it comes to filling out test sheets.

Simply to save time and for handyness.

Thanks. Ryan

Your question is a little hard to understand TBH , test certificates are just boxes that are filled in with data you supply.

The type of circuits, supply characteristics and so on are already known by inspection. The regulations if unknown for any reason during a test can always be looked up. Most people who test know what regulations they need to know, or where to find them if they are unsure.

He means a sheet with all the max loop impedance tables, ref methods etc. At least that's what I think he means.......I could however be mistaken.

He means a sheet with all the max loop impedance tables, ref methods etc. At least that's what I think he means.......I could however be mistaken.
That would make more sense , I think some of those tables are available in our download section

I use PIRform which automatically enters the values for you. I have just bought a netbook to take on site as I have been filling out the forms on site, bringing them back and transferring onto the PIRform software. Now I can enter it all once only!

I use and will stand by our sponsor's software, easy to use, can print BS7671 forms or NIC forms, provision for company logo's, and the self fill facility is really good. Anything entered outside the permitted is highlightedred, so you can instantly see when something is wrong.

I have PIRform, but I will not be renewing the license at the end of this year. I was told when I purchased it at a trade show, that it wouldn't become non functional if I didn't renew, it just wouldn't be updated. Of course that isn't true.

I also find that it is very buggy and I'm quite annoyed that EIC's can be a minimum of 7 pages.

Overkill and a waste of my ink cartridges.

Lesson learned.

When I was with the NICEIC I used Tysoft when it was really cheap and I have to say it was solid.

I have PIRform, but I will not be renewing the license at the end of this year. I was told when I purchased it at a trade show, that it wouldn't become non functional if I didn't renew, it just wouldn't be updated. Of course that isn't true.I also find that it is very buggy and I'm quite annoyed that EIC's can be a minimum of 7 pages.

Overkill and a waste of my ink cartridges.

Lesson learned.

When I was with the NICEIC I used Tysoft when it was really cheap and I have to say it was solid.
Actually that statement is true... if you read the FAQs on their website it says that it will continue to function without a license (in as much read existing certs) however you will not be able to create new certs or receive any updates..

That statement isn't true. Trust me you cannot operate the software at all once the license runs out. I've had it happen so I know. You can't even view existing certs.

I had to renew my licence Noz not because it had ran out, but there were some registration problems. All I can tell you is that the software would not work at all. It would not allow me access to anything, so I speak from experience, are you calling me a liar?

I would presume you are both correct, the terms as stated say you can view the documents but not print or use them, so in this respect although the software allows you to see them there is little you can do once the licence has expired. I very much doubt any members of your standing would question each others integretity, and would never accuse each of lying. I suspect this is one of those classic cases of misinterpretation.

I had to renew my licence Noz not because it had ran out, but there were some registration problems. All I can tell you is that the software would not work at all. It would not allow me access to anything, so I speak from experience, are you calling me a liar?
Not calling you a liar at all Volti....

you have actual experience of this software, whereas I have none.... I just thought that this apparent "misrepresentation" of what happens after a license runs out needed to be addressed and confirmed

Don't worry Manator, I'm not getting shirty with Noz. A smiley at the end of my post most likely would have been appropriate.
I'd have you anyway;) ;) ; ) :coat

Are we all invited?

I'll bring theGuinnessGuinnessGuinness