Installed ferrite cores onto the live and neutral cables making a buzzing noise?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would get checked out by a doctor. You may have an underlying condition. I doubt very much it is caused by your electricity meter though. You will get more EMI exposure from your phone!
There’s a pole right next to my house. Like 2 metres away. Sometimes you can pick up on low pitched frequencies my wife has said the same thing? So has my neighbour? I don’t want to sound like a conspiracy theorist twat but something feels off in this house.. I will get an ECIR test this week is there anything I should ask the lad?

There’s a pole right next to my house. Like 2 metres away. Sometimes you can pick up on low pitched frequencies my wife has said the same thing? So has my neighbour? I don’t want to sound like a conspiracy theorist twat but something feels off in this house.. I will get an ECIR test this week is there anything I should ask the lad?

You are surrounded by underground and overground mains cables pretty much wherever you go. Probably more so in town centres etc. Likewise with radio waves.

Transformers all give off a low frequency hum, and the closer you are to them the more you will hear it.

You are surrounded by underground and overground mains cables pretty much wherever you go. Probably more so in town centres etc. Likewise with radio waves.

Transformers all give off a low frequency hum, and the closer you are to them the more you will hear it.
Thank you very much for your input I’ll get it sorted hopefully

Another thing to add. Before adding the ferrite cores. Was sitting there taking my time and using my common sense. After like half hour. Kind of blacked out almost? Got up and layed on the couch. Is this normal? Felt sick too? Is there too much EMI leakage here?
2+2=5, going slightly faint when standing up is a blood pressure issue. Nothing to do with EMI, otherwise National Grid workers on high voltage pylons would all be dead.

That's interesting.

Any such things I've ever seen have both cables running through it, so can a single ring on a single cable actually make any difference?
With twin cables (with or without earth) most radiation or pickup will be common mode. That's what the ferrite beads or rings are usually there to reduce. In principle it would work on separate L & N but these things are not designed for the sort of current you will get in a household mains supply.