Internet Thermostats - Salus Is The First?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brummydave

Reaction score
Been reading about the Salus iT500

http://www.salus-tech.com/products/thermostat/it500/

Anybody know when these'll be available? Or if other manufacturers are planning something similar?

I'm a big advocate of controls for heating/water systems but they're only good if used correctly. And this sort of system lends itself to users being in very easy control!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a contact who might just have a working one of these set up on a functioning display board.....

The last wifi one from Heatmiser he had is sat on a shelf in the garage, was going to put it in here but not got round to it.

Take a look at the Heatmiser Wifi stat, I currently have one fitted at home, the one I have allows Hot water (relay contact, so anything) and thermostat temp to be altered via wifi when at home or via app or browser from anywhere.

Unit cost <£200

Another company, do a similar although not as noce looking unit aimed at landlords.  Saying that, never met a landlord that has the right to alter your thermostat temperature! Still im sure theres many who would like to!

imagine the fun hackers could have with these ...... :innocent

how secure is the technology?

A lot of my customers live in London through the week then country house for the weekend.

This system enables them to track and monitor the heating through the week and adjust ready for the weekend.

To much technology modern programmers/programmable room stats can do holiday programmes so you would have a holiday programme while away then wack heating up when you get there.