Interviewed muphets today

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

circleoftrust

Reaction score
I was interviewing for two places today so i thought i would put an easy test paper together to try and seperate the blaggers from the the good ,the questions were easy very basic just genral testing questions you would know if you were a competent tester,lets just say :coat theres some shat out there,i loved one guys response today he said "i dont want to seem big headed but ive got it all" then he sat the mini exam and got 8 out of 22 :consoling

mmmm,

I hope that wasnt the interview i had today.

the bloke interviewing was a numpty, asking about IR testing and ring continuity and stuff, its far easier just to try putting 'bulbs' in and make sure the drill works in all the plugs.

mmmm,I hope that wasnt the interview i had today.

the bloke interviewing was a numpty, asking about IR testing and ring continuity and stuff, its far easier just to try putting 'bulbs' in and make sure the drill works in all the plugs.
:^O LOL :^O

And then it went "bang".

Interviewees....I have interviewed hundreds. SOme memorable answers...

I'm self taught...but I'm good

I can do it all, period. But I cannot kneel down or stand for long periods.

I can wire stuff but cannot make it work. The Electrician used to do that

Under floors, in lofts??? You can Foxtrot Oscar!...with that he got up and walked out!!!

I may be late on mondays as I usually go out on sunday nights

If my partner is busy it will be ok to bring the kids with me for a couple of hours, won't it?

the list goes on, but these are the ones that 'stick' from 35+ years.............. :coat

Kerching that reminds me of a lad I took on did all the formals and then he says I am going on holiday next week so we really didn't get off on the right foot. He only worked for me for a couple of months.

Back in the Eighties, I was interviewing for engineering workshop machinists. One particular lad with a really nice demeanour, I asked him if he'd ever used a pillar drill. He said, "No, but I borrowed my Dads Black & Decker and didn't break it".

I thought, what the hell, give him a chance.

Four years later, he was programming and settting CNC lathes.

Sometimes, you're lucky and find a real gem...

Doesn't qualifications prove your competent then? Maybe it's experience that's lacking? having an interview under certain circumstances causes pressure and result in stupid answers. Pressures of very little work out there so 500 or more applying for the same job. Things like this. ?

Many years ago I worked for a guy wiring a pub

in three phase. I did nearly the whole job. He

signed it off but he also stopped paying me.

Following a short and terse interview on the 'phone

I went to his house and the back pay was on the

table. Thick end of a grand.

He was good at the job and knew his stuff. This

was never in dispute. His HR competence level

was lacking.

Back in the Eighties, I was interviewing for engineering workshop machinists. One particular lad with a really nice demeanour, I asked him if he'd ever used a pillar drill. He said, "No, but I borrowed my Dads Black & Decker and didn't break it".I thought, what the hell, give him a chance.

Four years later, he was programming and settting CNC lathes.

Sometimes, you're lucky and find a real gem...
Back in the 80's I borrowed my Dad's Black and Decker drill and broke it...........