iPad wifi sync with iTunes on win xp

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, does anyone do this?

Is it quicker than USB?

Have you got it to work?

I've tried all the suggestions on the Apple site & can't get it to work.

GoodReader is fine across wifi, so the link is there it is just that iTunes can't find it!

Yes wifi sync is turned on in iTunes!

Should work is you enable home sharing. Slower than USB though. Handy if you set it to update when you go to bed

dan,

This is the issue, it won't work, I have done all this, but the wifi sync is not available, hence my post, I have tried ALL the trouble shooting stuff on the Apple site, no joy.

My iPad is on the network GoodReader can see it, iTunes can't.

Ah well I'm at a loss. Sorry friend :( I do believe there has been an issue since the ios6 update. Swap to an android?

Sidey, I dont understand?

If you get a decent (ie, powerful enough) Android you can run any iOS APP you want almost, its bit like VM, just not as convouluted,!

No point now Steps, it's too late.

Just like saying that a Mac, or Linux is better than a Windoze PC, this is only true IF you can get the PC Windows only software you need to use running on it, else it is no use at all.

Did you have your iPad connected via the USB to iTunes when you turned wifi sync on?

Have you set up a iCloud account ? Rather than sync to your pc, where u have to be in range of your wifi, you can back up anywhere using iCloud, providing you have 3G. There is no real need to sync to your pc anymore, unless you have just ripped a whole lot of CDs in which case you would want to do it via the cable anyway cos wifi sync is slooooooow

Did you have your iPad connected via the USB to iTunes when you turned wifi sync on?
Yes did and will check again later

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 14:26 ---------- Previous post was made at 14:16 ----------

Have you set up a iCloud account ? Rather than sync to your pc, where u have to be in range of your wifi, you can back up anywhere using iCloud, providing you have 3G. There is no real need to sync to your pc anymore, unless you have just ripped a whole lot of CDs in which case you would want to do it via the cable anyway cos wifi sync is slooooooow
there is NO WAY I am paying Apple

I can't get enough storage anywhere to back it up on line, it currently has 36Gb of data on it to be backed up.

This is why I back it up to my laptop, then back the laptop up to a RAID.

Not the point, I CAN back it up via USB to the laptop, but, iTunes slows a PC to a crawl and makes it unusable.

I was looking for a way to do it over wifi so that it has full power to charge/operate whilst backing up overnight.

If you plug an iPad into a "normal" USB it only trickle charges, which is barely if enough to replenish the power used in backing the machine up in the first place!

AFAIK, you can't back it up to a USB HDD, IF I could that would then mean plugging that into the laptop and copying the files across to there to access them anyway.