Is this okay with the 17th edition?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L Plate

Reaction score
Hello ,

We were doin a rewiring job today which was owned by a grandma and she's on her 70 ish , the house was very clean and tidy and its a kind of job that you need to be very carefull on not to damage anything around the house in other word she has a very lovely house ... BUT we found this , please let me know since I havent got my wiring regs course yet, I hope you can tell me where to find it in the red book , this means a big help

please see attached pic

my own understanding even if i dont have much knowledge yet in wiring reg is , this shoud be move away from the sink and put it a bit higher that could not be of reach from the children ..

IMG00087-20101105-1417.jpg

IMG00088-20101105-1418.jpg

Looks fine. I'd stick a cupboard round it maybe to make it look more aesthetically pleasing.

Those cable loops would be handy for hanging towels........... :D
or yourself should you need to, as a toster in the bath may not be effective with an 17th eddtion board. :run

And the cable going down the wall next to towel rail, will be handy to pull your self up, off of the toilet. :)

And the cable going down the wall next to towel rail, will be handy to pull your self up, off of the toilet. :)
So, this means it is okay with the new reg?..

pls can anyone tell me were to find this in the red book so that I can have a reffrence next time when I encounter things like this that need to check .

Not the best place to have a meter, in the loo. Maybe the DNO could move it to a more convenient place for her and not charge either...Think of the poor meter reader going in there to read the meter when the loo has had some heavy usage... :Blushing

Latest posts