It's almost time 🎅

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Home for the terminally bewildered, one step ahead
So it's coming up to that time of the year again, so let me be the first to get this off my chest

Over the last 12 months a few things have elevated the contents of my bladder to the temperature of a McDonalds Apple Pie

These are not limited to, but include

Verisure adverts

Funeral adverts

Vorderman in adverts

Matey TV inteviewers

That Skeletor Mavis Knackerly on breakfast Tv

Matt Not too bright......breakfast TV

Scolmore Clicks Customer technical engagement manager....arrogant little dwarf

TV Inclusivity.....getting beyond a joke now. Are there no,single ethnic families any more?

Eddie Izzard

Rylan Clarke?

Alan Carr

Rosie Jones......not funny

Majority of Aldis fruit and veg that goes off on the way through the checkout

Self service checkouts

Petrol companies profiteering

Ditto energy companies

Charity CEO salaries....Cancer Research. £243,000 basic!

Most products by HiSpec, Knightsbridge

Constantly paying out for Regs books and updates

Adverts for On line Gambling where those caring companies have provided tools to help you

Adverts for online Bingo,where everything is beautiful, colourful hot air balloons, happy smiling party people. In reality it's fat biffers sat on the bog with a can of Stella

John Barrowman......probably wheel barrows

David Walliams

Gregg Wallace the vegetable fiddling Malteser headed Penfold tribute act

Lawrence LlllllewelllllllynnBowen

Michael McEntire

Mrs Browns Boys

Multimillion pound companies that want to know if I want to round up my payment! No I don't, do it from your profits

Pantomime

Splinters

Cliff Turkey-neck Richard

Paul Mc Cartney

...to be continued when I have calmed down

Why don't you like self service checkouts? Wouldn't you rather do it and get on with your life, rather than standing in line waiting for some old biddy exchanging life stories with a cashier?

Why don't you like self service checkouts? Wouldn't you rather do it and get on with your life, rather than standing in line waiting for some old biddy exchanging life stories with a cashier?
I’m going to edge my bets and say that it’s the waiting for an attendee to confirm his age for buying age restricted products

I tried one with SWMBO scanning and putting the stuff on the out shelf. I then tried taking the scanned items off and packing them. The machine got uppity as I took items off.

So might be okay if doing it on your own, but the major advantage of shopping together is lost if one if you has to stand there like a lemon doing nothing until it has all been scanned and paid for due to the machines poor design, so never again.

To avoid queues choose your shopping time better, There are advantages to being (very nearly) retired. With a conventional checkout, I shove it all on the conveyor then pack as it is scanned, paid for and out the door much quicker.

But the next irritation is only ONE checkout now takes cash.

All local supermarkets are Basket only on self service
Anyway, I don't work there and I'm not getting a discount by doing it myself. I can pack as quick as they scan it

😉😂😂

You really should type out what you do like, it'll save you a lot of time 🤣
Not much!
Family....well most of it
9 brilliant grandchildren
3 amazing children and spouses/partners
Stuff done right
Wife....really!

Music
From black sabbath to Prokofiev
Bowie to clanadonia
Beethoven to bowie
Grieg to Goldfrapp

Inside number 9
League of gentlemen
Spike Milligan
RR?..obviously
Our dogs

All local supermarkets are Basket only on self service
Our big Tesco has recently installed trolley self scan points with bigger weigh scales and adequate parking space.
Personally I walk down the row of manned tills and if one is vacant I use it. If all are in use I go self service. It's all something I can't really get excited about as long as I'm not delayed for ages.

A local comic recently put on Facebook, "From January shoppers at **** are required to help with offloading the delivery wagons"