JIB Rates

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BangBang

Reaction score
Anyone currently working for a JIB company and experianced their

policy of ignoring part of the National Working Rules to suit themselves ie

not paying the correct rates some are trying to dictate that 50 hours

must be worked before paying premium time.

Can these companies obey some rules and not all at this rate the JIB will cease to operate

Any comments people

Is it time to form our own association

Ring the JIB! Your company must follow their rules to continue being members.

One point I must add there has been redundancies fully qualified Electricians

have gone and they have kept unskilled labour on cannot wait till they become unstuck I am not going to guide them they even think they are Electricians

It is now got the stage you cannot talk to these so-called Electricians they think your from outer space they have no background into the practices of this trade that I been in for over 35 years

John

Oh thanks for replying

it is normal for some outfits to "pick and choose" what parts they adhere to, usually the cheapest parts

and of course there is the "blacklist":|

http://www.building.co.uk/story.asp?storycode=3136497

i worked with guys over ten years ago who said it existed but didnt believe it.... but..... :_|

the jib have bridges to re-build, for sure

One of the big M+E firms that I worked for in the late 80s operated a blacklisted system they where they supplied names for free and paid for retrieval of names that they asked for think it was called the Allied Guild it was common knowledge .

Now every Tom Dick and Harry has our details now such as agencies that the JIB gave away for a quick buck

JohnB-)

Hi

AFAIK firms are not duty bound to run the full agreement, that is why they can remain members and pick and choose which bits they like.

Usually the cheapest bits:|

Alan

Latest posts