"Just 8" Notifiables

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you may be right Murdoch, and I suspect that is where I will end up. It wound save money on a single job compared with using the local council's building control department.

Best wishes,

Alan

I think you may be right Murdoch, and I suspect that is where I will end up. It wound save money on a single job compared with using the local council's building control department.

Best wishes,

Alan
That isn't all the expenditure - PL ins, calibration, all the upto date books.........

You are right of course Murdoch (I think you have seen my other post 'Third Party Certification' about an idea to ameliorate the costs). I'm trying to persuade STROMA that the public liability insurance I already have on BTL properties is sufficient and I'd have to get my meter calibrated anyway so I can use it for surveys. I'd quite like to stay up to date (and keep my hand in) with electrical work. Unfortunately it seems difficult to do so unless I start practicing (at least part time) as an electrician.

Best wishes,

Alan

... by the way, I never received a response from NAPIT about the Just8 scheme, which makes me much less inclined to deal with them as an organisation.

Best wishes,

Alan

Hi Sidewinder,

My point is I only really want to work on properties I own, which all have public liability insurance in place. I can't imagine any circumstances when I would sue myself, so what use would more insurance be to me?

Ho hum, I suspect I will end up going through some administrative hoop and purchasing something of no value whatsoever to me.

Best wishes,

Alan

Latest posts