Just had my 'Thomson Local' through the door...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

METPete

Reaction score
... and under Electricians it has 5 pages dedicated to NIC (sponsored by them) in the local area. What happened to fair play and let all the other Part 'P' scheme providers have a slot!

Seems like the industry needs to be regulated the same as Gas Safe

I'm sure this subject has been talked about before but it just niggles me!

I think i had a BSI slot a while back didn't get any work from it so now just have my name in it which is free. What you have to remember NICEIC have 50k members so you are bound to have more members than any other schemes.

I don't think it the NICEIC's fault that they are far better than the other scheme providers at promoting themselves and their members
No bias there then ... lol

I do think the NIC have a lot to offer but it's the customer we are servicing at the end of the day. And i can see that from their point of view they may see all these schemes as just money making! and it surely must confuse them. if they have heard of them anyway.

No, there is no bias,,,, I went with the NICEIC when I started up for the very reasons people have been bitching about recently... And I do not and will not advertise with the yellow pages, thompsons or similar

perfectly understand where you are coming from NozSpark. I found it very hard to choose which one to go with. My choice was down to being able to cover all bases without having to pay extra for each service I want to provide. I know that may be difficult for some people to reason but I may well sign up with several schemes if it helps with work! ... and if I can afford it!

From previous forum posts it does often seem that electricians are lacking in understanding how the world of advertising, marketing and promotion work. The customer is the target, nothing to do with giving fair choice.

Doc H

You don't have to pay any extra with the NICEIC for any of the add ons if you dont want to..

Before becoming an AC I was a full scope DI for about 4 or 5 years so I wasn't allowed to do PIR's under the scheme, so what I did, as many others do, was to use non-logoed forms for out of scheme stuff like PIRs

Now I'm an AC the only things that I would have to pay extra for are hazardous area work; and TBH the insurance co. of who you were doind the work for would require it also

From previous forum posts it does often seem that electricians are lacking in understanding how the world of advertising, marketing and promotion work. The customer is the target, nothing to do with giving fair choice.Doc H
Fair comment!

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 22:40 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:34 ----------

NozSpark

I understand. but I want to be able to do PIR as standard within the scheme. Perhaps if I went with NIC then I would probably have done what you did. There's always next year when it's renewal time!. The way things are going I wouldn't be surprised if NICEIC was the only one left!

Facebook is becoming a good way to advertise. A quick and simple way of getting your name about, just by asking friends to like your page

i really didnt see the benefits of twitter but after a month or so of using it

its a very usefull quick and effective tool

People phone me looking for jobs (Not work) . When I ask where they got number from they all said they just searched the net for this area.

So it was either this Forum or Elecsa .

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 16:28 ---------- Previous post was made at 16:17 ----------

Well I just tried it , Electrician wanted in North B,ham ( I got Cardiff) ......in B42 ..... Part P Elect in North B,ham ....ELECSA Elect in ... Dunno where they see my name TBH :C

got a big jobnext week

i dont advertise so i asked him where he got my number

Yell.com

he put in a search for a sparky in his village i was on the first page half way down !!!!!!!!

i dont do YELL.com

sorry guys..............