Label Printer

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those old Dymo labels always used to come unstuck because they were always naturally curved because they were so thick and came on a roll. Maybe they worked better in the cooler UK climate but the first warm day above 40C they all ended up on the floor.

I have this oneBrother PT-7600VP Handheld Label Printer

& this one from when I first started out

DYMO | LetraTag LT-100H
Yep PT-7600VP for me too!! Tapes relatively cheap for what you get.

A huge range of tapes including security types which show if removed

I do a whole CU in one strip - all clients think it looks the DB's

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 20:58 ---------- Previous post was made at 20:55 ----------

We have numerous different label printers and I hate them all equally. The lettratags are expensive to buy the tapes where I am, the brother p-touch leaves very long blank ends that need trimming manually with scissors so you feel like you're getting ripped of every time you print a label, add to this the fact they all take 8 batteries each which last about ten minutes before they're flat....they're just not machines that I like. We also have an Epson laser barcode printer in the office which is hellish expensive to refill but at least it doesn't use batteries plus we have a label engraver for panels and DB's in the workshop. The traffolite isn't cheap but the engraver is the most fun to use so that would qualify it as my favourite.
some people always concentrate on percieved shortcomings!!!! Look for the good bits.....you will probably live longer (Pessimists live several years less than optimoists)

I assume Victor is a MOG or miserable old git, wikipedia says he regularly finds himself mistreated, misunderstood or simply the victim of bad luck, which regularly leads to his complaining heartily.

It doesn't really sound like me but now I'm over 40 I have been known to feel sorry for myself once in a while :) . It's more that I just have little time for things that are poorly designed or their primary design brief was to maximise the amount of money the unsuspecting customer will spend whilst being little or no value to them.

I think a lot do that they put starter cartridges in and sell the printers cheap then hope you will buy the overpriced refills from them. I generally buy re-manufactured ones for the printers I have they always seem to work OK for me.

Can anyone tell me how to stop my brother 7600 label printer from wasting tape at the start of label which you have to cut off before it prints the label ? Sometimes it wastes as much tape as the label its self

Latest posts