Landlord EICR and fuseboard shortage

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In answer to the original question, yes there has been the odd delay in getting parts - maybe 2 weeks but certainly not months.

I suspect the agent / spark are colluding to delay the install until said spark has time to do it.
Some materials are taking months to arrive, certainly over here. Others come straight away. It's very hard to plan things at the minute.

I was talking to one of my customers today whose job is arranging international shipping and he says the current situation is dire.

The shipping market has seen a massive increase in prices up from £1200 to £12000+ per container on some routes so the shipping companies are concentrating on them

Then you have the continuing story of the Evergiven which is still stuck in the Suez canal while they sort out the the recovery and compensation bill and to add to that the shipping company has called "General Average" which means everyone with a container of goods on the Evergiven has to contribute the bill to get their goods, as the legal claims and counter claims are going through the courts those with containers on the ship are not going to get them for a while

And while all this goes on there is also a shortage of containers in parts of the world as the empties are not getting shipped back so there are goods stuck with no containers to ship them

Travis Perkins  and BBC News suggest supply chain shortages are still evident in both building & electrical sectors..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57299350

From the above article...

It comes as industry groups warn electrical components, timber and steel are also in short supply.

Of course could be regional rather than national issues...

:popcorn

Last edited by a moderator:
Talking to a mate of mine who is also a manager of a wholesalers he was telling me they are struggling to get quite a few items of stock especially from China and the far east