lawnmower!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avinalarf

Reaction score
Hello all

Someone's just called me to say they've completely severed the cable for their lawnmower :eek: . Mower is still under guarantee, but we're assuming that severing the cable isn't covered!

Will the guarantee be invalidated if a new plug is applied?

Can a cable to this sort of appliance be safely re-connected?

Cheers

removal of plugs will modify it from manufacturers standards, therefore warranty void. but depending on fault, you could argue that this couldnt have caused the problem (i.e if the handle falls off, a new plug cant have caused that)

you can either replace the cable, or stick a plug at the point of damage and have a shorter lead... my hedge trimmer has a massive 20cm of flex before the plug (it wasnt me who forgot the cable was there)

I've reflexed a Flymo in the past , not moulded at the machine end. Don't think you have a choice but reflex it and lose the warranty. Unless they can buy a replacement flex from the distributor.

Deke

I've reflexed a Flymo in the past , not moulded at the machine end. Don't think you have a choice but reflex it and lose the warranty. Unless they can buy a replacement flex from the distributor.Deke
but unless its fitted by distributor, then warranty may still be void!

I didn't see this thread until Admin2 put a link to it. (which I saw this morning). :D