LED Bathroom Mirror

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martiniss

Reaction score
I have just bought this smart LED Bathroom Mirror and Anti Fog mirror, from this company.
I don't realize that it needs to be connected to the main, and it is very close to the shower.
I am not sure that it is still safe to connect to the main.
12x7-2700k_copy.jpg

I think those boast about an IP65 rating but have a mains connection box that is perhaps IP44.. Perhaps if you are sure you can seal it to the wall, that it cant be knocked off its hooks and the cable exits into the wall it's possible.
The important question is what the Label says. If its not marked appropriately for the zone its in you really shouldn't put it there anyway.

I (mrs sharpend) has just purchased such a mirror for our new bathroom, I have cut a slot in the plasterboard and concealed driver in wall behind the mirror. Plasterboard is reaffixed to studwork and sealed, which can be cut open for access should it be required.
Last thing I want is a driver fixed to the wall.

I have just bought this smart LED Bathroom Mirror and Anti Fog mirror, from this company.
I don't realize that it needs to be connected to the main, and it is very close to the shower.
I am not sure that it is still safe to connect to the main.
12x7-2700k_copy.jpg

If you follow the link you have added above... LED Bathroom Mirror and Anti Fog mirror,
then read the manufactures third bullet point guidance note under the "OVERVIEW" heading..

They suggest:-
  • We Always Recommend Installation To Be Done By Professionals For the Best Result

Which I think I would also agree with and recommend you follow..

So its probably best to get one or more local electricians to evaluate your exact installation requirements by doing a site visit,
rather than relying upon random best guess advice from internet forums..

(Even though on-line contributors, such as many of regular members on here,
may be very competent with regard to best electrical practice and current regulations applicable..
they are limited in the advice they can offer, due to the lack of site specific information).

Basically.. much as we would all like to be able to, it is not always possible to give best advice, without actually seeing a particular installation location.

A local small electrical firm / or sole trader, would probably be willing to call in, between jobs, or on the way home, for a no-obligation site quotation visit.. [ As a sole trader I know I would ], but realistically it would need to be a contractor who is local, who wont have excessive travel time or fuel costs to absorb.

:) 🍺

I buried mine in the wall, the entire mirror! Cemented a plastic tube into the brickwork, wiring comes out in the roof space. That is how it "should" be done. It was far from trivial but i was redecorating the bathroom at the time so that mitigated a lot of the difficulty.