Led Drivers - One Per Lamp?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

430Wedge

Reaction score
I have 2 pairs of LED lamp fittings, each fitting rated at 350mA, and each pair of fittings is wired in series from a single LED constant current driver rated at 350mA (per manufacturer / supplier instructions). Light output is not as bright as I had expected - are these ratings compatible with each other, or do I need a single driver per individual lamp fitting? 

I have 2 pairs of LED lamp fittings, each fitting rated at 350mA, and each pair of fittings is wired in series from a single LED constant current driver rated at 350mA (per manufacturer / supplier instructions). Light output is not as bright as I had expected - are these ratings compatible with each other, or do I need a single driver per individual lamp fitting? 
First thing to check if they are not as bright as you expected....

and you have followed the manufactures instructions....

Is what is the specified lumen output of the lamps.....

compared to the lumen's of lamps that were there before...

or the required light levels you are looking for..

:C

Last edited by a moderator:
The driver is specified as 19-35V, so I guess that may be the answer to my question (2 x 12V lamps per driver).

Clumsily worded by me. The original question being do I need a driver for each lamp, and the answer (as you have confirmed) is no.

Many thanks