Led Lights

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dwayne-Jesse

Reaction score
HI

I'm a trainee spark so apologise if I sound like im lacking experience.

I was in a friends house last night which is a new build it's a TNCS system which has led lights. I was in the front room with lights on m8 went to bathroom Which is on the same floor ground. turned on light front room light cuts out for about 2 secs.

what could this be? my guess is to much load on MCB

Well, it would have to be a fricking small MCB or a helluva lot of lights !

And to drop,out for 2 seconds

And on a TNCS supply.....although i cannot see what that has to do with it

Unless there is a BFO star delta or DOL motor hidden somewhere that he does not know about that controls the bathroom fan!

I think he needs to get a man in

Possibly a lose connection somewhere along the circuit before it reaches your light that went off.

Doc H.  

I think The Doc has it there ...its certainly not normal,  but could well be a loose conection , switch on the addition load in the other room & the lights flicker or go out .

I suppose that also ,  the bathroom fan may be a 50 HP  star delta auto starter as Kerch says ,  could be a 30  KW shower  :innocent kicking in.

thanks for replies

theres no bathroom fan it's a downstairs toilet just toilet and sink.

Theres LED lights in hallway, bathroom kitchen and both front and bk room it's a big house.

Don't worry about the fan ...we have a certain  sense of humour on here , peculiar to electricians.
Anyone who does this job is by definition "not sane"

Sane people would not put up with the constant changes we have to endure. Along with the dumbing down of the industry, jumping theough hoops, paying money into other peoples holiday funds , Kow Towing to the LFB, and a million more things