Let there be light :)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I did my apprenticeship, we did our work on a wall, not on a floor. And the lamp holder was on the ceiling on the roof of the "booth" so a bit more realistic to real life.

the main thing is to make sure you understand what you are doing, rather than just copy parrot fashion.

When I did my apprenticeship, we did our work on a wall, not on a floor. And the lamp holder was on the ceiling on the roof of the "booth" so a bit more realistic to real life.the main thing is to make sure you understand what you are doing, rather than just copy parrot fashion.
We're not allowed in the booths yet :) I think they wanna make sure that we have a bit more of an idea of what we're doing before they let us loose in there.

I'm sort of understanding the very basics now. Well, at least I think so and then something happens and turns it all upside down :) They make us test our own work constantly which I think is good. (It's often a case of "yes, I've got a reading. Now, what does it mean?" :) ).

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 22:43 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:40 ----------

Looks great.Someone has stolen your pliers and small terminal screwdriver (you don't get more realistic to life than that :) )
Thank you! :D

They painted all the tool sets in different colours so we could easily work out who nicked who's tools :) Great idea, if it wasn't for the fact that the bloody paint took two weeks to dry! :D

Looks good, only criticism I'd have is the T&E doubled under one clip between switches.

What college are you at?

only criticism I'd have is the T&E doubled under one clip between switches.
That'll be to save on the fees :^O same way they've reused the boxes, used to love how much I had to pay at college to have the tutor tell us to use and reuse and then reuse again to save money, should have seen the state of the earth clamps they used to give us to practise bonding pipes with, it was impossible to get them tight the condition they were in.

IP breach on the bottom of the surface boxes ;) Been reused umpteen times on various booths I'd imagine!! :)

Looks good, only criticism I'd have is the T&E doubled under one clip between switches.What college are you at?
I'm at Bracknell doing C&G 2365 Level 2.

Judging my progress by hanging around on here and see how much of what you lot talk about I can actually understand. It's still Greek to me, but it's less Greek than it was a few weeks ago :)

Looks good, only criticism I'd have is the T&E doubled under one clip between switches.What college are you at?
I have a question here.

Why link the switches with two t&e cables? You only need ONE 3 core and earth cable linking between them.

In a real world install that will be a lot easier and a lot cheaper with one 3 core cable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would second that but at least the clip pins are

on the underside of the conductors.

Maybe Miss Sweden could explain why?

I met a guy who was looking for his wife in a

supermarket. He said he last saw her looking

for a Swede.

I told him I had just seen her with him. He was

tall, blonde and called Sven.

Last edited by a moderator:
im guessing they didnt have any 3C&E & told them us stick 2x T&E in the same clip to save on clips

im surprised they arent closer together

Latest posts