Local Electrician offering FREE Visual reports!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suppose its all down to how you conduct these 'visual reports'. At current times some people are struggling to get work. By offering something free certainly doesnt make them a rogue trader.

I didnt say it was a rouge trader before any one thinks i did lol

I do agree that its going to more than likely get them a fair amount of work from it and yes it gets them through that customers door!

Just when something is free there is always a catch lol

The way I see it I would imagine they are going to find a lot wrong with most installations, if was wired to 16th half the circuits will need Rcd protection to bring it up to 17th but do they actually need it. I personally do not think they do but it is how they market doing the work that may be the problem.

Batty

Free & green? ROTFWL
The catch is there

For renewbale energy.... Youve got to pay out for it upfront.

For something so basic as a single solar panal, you wouldnt get change from

Two things jump out at me (and the only place I`ve been so far is the front page, and the T&C page.)One: they specify that they will notify you of any non-compliances to CURRENT regs. That`ll be every house that hasn`t been worked on in the last 18 months then.

Two: If you actually READ the T&C; although I didn`t spot any spelling mistakes, the grammar & syntax are appalling.
Concur...

IF the T&C's are a reflection on their work standards....

I personally would not be very impressed. :_| :_| :_|

"The electrician will then show the customer the finding and break down technical terms and explain the problem if any clearly."
break down technical terms??? WTF Explain NOT break down

"Any comments or suggestions made in the time of the visual inspection of domestic electrical installation cannot indicate all defects as the problem may be hidden inside parts that are not accessible."
one sentence no grammar or syntax!!!! :_| :_|

"online electrical services LTD is no responsible for these inaccessible parts/places"
is NO responsible??? :_| :_|

. And also flag with you any installations or wiring problems that do not meet current regulations.
sentence starts with And!!! then talks about any installations?

surely only one installation is being visually inspected.?

It reminds me of one of those Chinese or Romanian instruction manuals run through a basic English language translator!! :( :( :(

I do hope their work standard is far higher than the standard of the checking on the website! :|

oh yes there is more....

No testing will be carried out so online electrical services LTD may not be held responsible for any tampering with or addition to an installation as surveyed by us.
whats that all about then? :| ?:|

and what does it mean? :eek: :(

I'm really sorry guys, I couldn't resist this one.......................

IF IN DOUTE LEAVE IT TO THE PROFFESSIONALS.
Bodie and Doyle?

ROTFWL ROTFWL ROTFWL

lg-promo-the-professionals-1.jpg

oh dear

looks like ive opened a good can of worms haha Good job the owner of that sites not on here haha then again, he could maybe take some pointers lol

I'm really sorry guys, I couldn't resist this one.......................Bodie and Doyle?

ROTFWL ROTFWL ROTFWL

lg-promo-the-professionals-1.jpg
Ah, look. I wuz reeely rong. They does make of the mistayke with the of speling.

Gawd `elp. I`m sorry, and maybe I`m being pedantic, but I absolutely detest bad grammar and spelling.

A few times now, I`ve had "C.Vs" from school leavers / students. Almost all get a stock reply letter, basically sataing the need for a good first impression, which they have failed to produce by sending out a sloppy C.V. If you can`t be bothered to even spell check it, or have someone look over it for you, why should I trust the capabilities of your work?

KME

oh dear looks like ive opened a good can of worms haha Good job the owner of that sites not on here haha then again, he could maybe take some pointers lol
Blushing

Ah, look. I wuz reeely rong. They does make of the mistayke with the of speling. Gawd `elp. I`m sorry, and maybe I`m being pedantic, but I absolutely detest bad grammar and spelling.

A few times now, I`ve had "C.Vs" from school leavers / students. Almost all get a stock reply letter, basically sataing the need for a good first impression, which they have failed to produce by sending out a sloppy C.V. If you can`t be bothered to even spell check it, or have someone look over it for you, why should I trust the capabilities of your work?

KME
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. ROTFWL

To drum up extra work I put out fliers out at a landlords exhibition - probably around 150 fliers taken. Also offered this to around 30 local organisations. Wording as follows:-

FREE ELECTRICAL VISUAL CHECK

Pink and Blue Electrics have helped many Landlords over the past year with emergency repairs, installations, PAT testing and customer centered advice.

Pink and Blue Electrics are offering to give a free visual check of your electrics to give you confidence that the system is performing as well as it should.

As highly qualified local electricians our reputation is important to us. To this end we promise:-

We will give you a written report.

If you want a female electrician we will try to send one.

We will explain any problems that we find.

We will offer a choice of cost effective solutions.

We will not pressure you into any work.

To book your free check please ring XXXXXXX

To date - not a single reply!!!!!! I think people are suspicious of anything free - no-matter how good the intentions are!

To drum up extra work I put out fliers out at a landlords exhibition - probably around 150 fliers taken. Also offered this to around 30 local organisations. Wording as follows:-FREE ELECTRICAL VISUAL CHECK

Pink and Blue Electrics have helped many Landlords over the past year with emergency repairs, installations, PAT testing and customer centered advice.

Pink and Blue Electrics are offering to give a free visual check of your electrics to give you confidence that the system is performing as well as it should.

As highly qualified local electricians our reputation is important to us. To this end we promise:-

We will give you a written report.

If you want a female electrician we will try to send one. :DApplaud Smiley] :)

We will explain any problems that we find.

We will offer a choice of cost effective solutions.

We will not pressure you into any work.

To book your free check please ring XXXXXXX

To date - not a single reply!!!!!! I think people are suspicious of anything free - no-matter how good the intentions are!
:^O :^O

You get the bonus point for spotting the deliberate mistake.Applaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley (GuinnessPrayGuinness)
I knew that all those people who called me "Loser" were wrong! How silly do they look now that I have a bonus point? Guinness

10 tell tale signs your home may need a re-wire

1. Does you fuse box have a replaceable fuse wires?

2. Do your plugs or sockets get hot or have scorch marks?

3. Do fuses blow regularly?

4. Do you have to use extension leads and adaptors?

5. Do you have lights that use the old, twisted type of flex?

6. Do you have rubber covered flex?

7. Do you have round pin plugs and sockets?

8. Are your cables missing an earth cable?

9. Do you use electrical equipment outdoors?

10. Has your wiring been checked in the last 10 years?

i used a drill outside the other day, best get them in to rewire the house!