LPG Bottles

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I konw this is an electrical forum but I thought someone might know the answer to this question.

If installing central heating using LPG bottles, can the bottles be placed directly outside the house or do they have to be a certain istance away.

Hope someone can help

Thanks

no expert but when i have seen the bottles they are for a gas fire or hob, for central heating i have seen a tank similar size to a oil tank. maybe the bottles would run out too quick. the tank was a good distance from the house, whether or not it had to be i do not know

I've seen the big tanks as well, the big bottles do run out quick but i think in the winter months, they are replaced regularly.

I know that oil tanks have to be a certain distance so I thought LPG bottles would be the same

LPG bottles are usually against the house as im sure they have to be chained to something to stop them falling over.

LPG can just be used for Hobs so the bottles last quite a while. Round here oil is alot more popular than bulkgas storage due to the cost or perceived cost.

I think there is a new regulation in regards to new installs, there definately is in regards to oil tanks

Latest posts