Lube

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mapleford

Reaction score
Quick question,

When pulling cable, do you use lube, if so which one?

KY, Vas, :^O but seriously now......

Use it if doing rewires and re-using conduits and the like. Yellow 77 is the bizz mate. Either that or whatever is in the bathroom/kitchen on the job. lol

Deffo worth keeping a tube 'o' lube in the van though ;)

He said Muscles Not Joking weighting gear Ext.

:^O

After drawing a blank with Yellow 77 with my local retailers I managed to pick up some silicon based oil at the local Focus store - seemed to do the trick and apparantly doesn't affect rubber/plastic like WD40 can.

I use fairy liquid... :D
bad show,

apart from containing salt! (wash you car and watch the scratches appear!)

it apparently contains other crap as well,

yellow 77 for me, or they do another one as well now.

eddys always have it in stock, :)

bad show,apart from containing salt! (wash you car and watch the scratches appear!)

it apparently contains other crap as well,

yellow 77 for me, or they do another one as well now.

eddys always have it in stock, :)
Point noted steptoe, although it is very rare I ever use it..

:(

I`ve got some of the silicone lubricating gel that plumb-its use. I occasionally do a bit of plumbing, so I`ve got it anyway. But as ext has said, I don`t tend to use it all that often.

I use one of the idiots on the the firm when I have to do it. O, wait,....The approved always asks me to do it? :|

Talcum powder works well.

Wires, ladders, tools, clothes, etc. remain dry and to my mind easier to handle. Talc is also easier to clean-up or hide than drips of Yellow or Blue lube.