mains changes

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. The idea of the seals is so that you cannot steal electricity. As long as you you leave the installation in the same or better condition than how you found it I cannot see how the board could have a problem with isolating a supply to work on it. Certain suppliers fit the meters with isolating switches so you can work on them. In an ideal world all suppliers would fit isolating switches or isolating meters. Its not an ideal world so you have to do what you have to do to make a living.

batty
It amazes me that since the privatisation of the supply companies, there seems no cross references or checks between having a new service installed and a meter being fitted. I know of many jobs with a live head and no outgoing cables connected. EDF put the supply in, up to and including the head. A number of private companies then fit the meter, so its very easy to just steal the lecky from a un-metered head.