megger download manager

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, Is it just me, or has anyone ever managed to get the download manager thing to actually work. I can just about get the meter to connect to the pc via bluetooth, [if i am lucky] but the download manager just does not work.....

Any ideas what i am doing wrong??

john..

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 03:04 ---------- Previous post was made at 01:32 ----------

Hmm, 3 in morning and i got it working....... Threw away the crappy software that came with the dongle and just used the windows one. Still clear as mud to operate though...

john

I did use it a couple of times when I brought it but found as everything was all jumbled was quicker to load it in by hand.

Hi all, Is it just me, or has anyone ever managed to get the download manager thing to actually work. I can just about get the meter to connect to the pc via bluetooth, [if i am lucky] but the download manager just does not work.....Any ideas what i am doing wrong??

john..

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 03:04 ---------- Previous post was made at 01:32 ----------

Hmm, 3 in morning and i got it working....... Threw away the crappy software that came with the dongle and just used the windows one. Still clear as mud to operate though...

john
Hi Apprentice87

Please can you confirm the Megger tester you are referring to so we can offer some assistance.

Regards

Megger TSG

Yup I've had the same kind of problems with my Megger. Spent hours trying to get the data downloaded, felt like throwing it through the bl**dy window. Still no joy, gave up in the end.

Hi Apprentice87Please can you confirm the Megger tester you are referring to so we can offer some assistance.

Regards

Megger TSG
Hello Megger TSG and welcome to the forum, why not stick around and become part of the community I'm sure that you would be welcomed, and you have many dedicated Megger users here.

I have used Megger Download Manager for years and its great, however at one time I had a problem where (and it could be when I started with Vista but not sure) every time you asked for the download box to come up, it flashed before you on the screen then went away again. Eventually I re downloaded the software and it has worked on my desktop fine since then

However I have another engineer in the west country who i need to get set up - like me he has a Megger PAT 4. He has this problem adn I cant get it going!! He has a Vista laptop. clearly trhe RS232 cable wont work so i have ordered him a RS232 - USB cable which in theory would be good but even with the disc I cant get it to work. Eventually we loaded the software from Megger site which went in ok but just cannot get the download box up - just flashes in fron of your eyes tantalisingly!!!

Any ideas how we can get going??

Hi Megger!!

I got it sorted, crappy bluetooth dongle.... Now it is up and running it is great!! Can i give you a bit of advice though???? You know where in the menu where you save stuff it gives things like job number, DB number, circuit number, Blah, Blah. The one BIG error, is that it only asks you which phase, 1, 2, or 3. What about where you try to save loop impedances and fault currents "line to line" ???? Please can you make it so you can save results for "L1-L2, L1-L3, L2-L3. This would be a great help!!!!!

Otherwise, brilliant meter though, well pleased!!!!!!!!

john...