melinda messenger is a sparky !!!!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian932

Reaction score
Did anyone see that cowboy builders on channel 5 on Thursday, Melinda shows the 1st fix cables running horizontally to a socket at the same level as the socket and they were clipped direct to the ash block wall. She then said this was dangerous and incorrectly installed as you may accidentally nail through them when fitting plasterboard to the block.

What she should have said was that the idiot builder should be dot and dabbing the plasterboard to the block and not screwing them on !!!

Now every client that you have worked for that saw this will be calling you to say 'you know those cables you fitted horizontally are illegally installed'

Channel 5 please sort your facts out X(

No.

didn't see that.. :eek:

as usually sounds like T.V. presenters taking out of their rear ends! :(

is it one of these two episodes here? ?:|

Demand Five | watch Cowboy Builders

I suppose some may say...

"Melinda can come and work as my mate..

and I will teach her a thing or two!";\ ; \ ;) :p

But I couldn't possibly comment!!! :eek: :^O:^O:^O:^O:^O

It is factually wrong and not wothy of a watch.Wonder how many sparks have complained to channel five!! :eek:
:( :( :(

shan't watch it then.......

not even worth a laugh after a few of these??Guiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink

don asked that polish builder if wiring was wrong going horizontally and he said yes that wrong should be vertical, but thats not actually correct because wiring can go horizontally and vertically just no diagonally unless its further than 2 inches in the wall ;)

Mate of mine has just landscaped a garden (huge area) swindon way for some blond bird that hosts a show about builders ;) .

He said although she was nice enough, she did have the annoying habbit of always wanting to know the ins & outs of a ducks backside, she got right on the sparks t*ts when he was doing the lighting on the decking.

worst habbit of all she was always late with the stage payments (nearly sent him under), he completed just before christmas & has only just been paid up for the final installment.

Mate of mine has just landscaped a garden (huge area) swindon way for some blond bird that hosts a show about builders ;) . He said although she was nice enough, she did have the annoying habbit of always wanting to know the ins & outs of a ducks backside, she got right on the sparks t*ts when he was doing the lighting on the decking.

worst habbit of all she was always late with the stage payments (nearly sent him under), he completed just before christmas & has only just been paid up for the final installment.
i bet he didnt even get on the tele!

just watched the show and i saw one piont at first about the cabling as it appeared that the cables were clipped direct and the plasterboard applied straight on top crushing the cables. But further round the room it showed that the plaster board was cut were the cables were to be plastered over later. IMO ok.

but on three occations in the programme they stated that cables can not be routed horizontaly (WRONG).

saying that the muppet builder also said you cant so IMO he was not competant to do the job anywhy.

they could at least get the advice of a sparky before saying what we can and can't do... now we will probably have a photocopy the page with cables zones just for when customers tells us were doing it wrong, she saw the 'right' was on TV

Maybe she's just kwap at everything. Anybody see her skating last night?