MICC / PYRO Sizing Guage

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Guys has anyone ever came acros such a thing my client beleives he has seen one before to save you getting at the pot or gland. Ive googled and contacted a few wholesalers without luck

thanks

I have not seen one, the only way I know is that the sleeves are sold according to the csa, so you will get 2.5mm 4mm 6 mm and so on, and this is printed on the sleeving.

As far as I know you can not tell by the pot, even though the size is embossed on the plastic plug cap, you would have to strip it all down to see it.

There used to be a metal scale , just a tapering slot with sizes marked on it . Havn't seen one for years . It was for imperial sizes anyway . If its metric the size is on the gland , the pot and the sleeving . This measured the outer sheath.

Try the makers I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:
They had the sizes marked on the stripping tools as well, which reminds me to get a metric one when I can. :)

There only seemed to be two makes , Pyrotenax and BICC then AEI made it , try contacting one of those.
CEF also had their own make for which [back in the day] their glands/pots/seals were NOT Ex rated...might be now BUT I would not touch their own brand stuff with a faeces covered twig.

I think the outside diameters were listed in the 'BICC little Bible of Pyro'...I have a copy somewhere...... :coat