Minimum wage Polish electricians

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louisIV

Reaction score
Seeing the bleak description of the trade and the difficulty in joining it in another thread here, I mentioned something about it on Facebook. Someone has responded that two electricians he knows in Liverpool are having a very hard time getting any work, as there is a flood of Polish electricians working for minimum wage around there.

Does this agree with anyone else's experience in the trade?

LIV.

My next door neighbour does general building maintenance and has experienced many times eastern European people working on Gas!! and electrics. There is a Polish guy on our 2391 course at the moment, fair enough he wants to be qualified to BS7671 I hope he charges the going rate on any work he does and is not exploited by greedy people who want things done on the cheap often with serious consequences..

hi all,i have seen polish guys working on refurbs in london doing gas,electrics and just about anything.they done 3 flats in kilburn for 45,000k and the result was abysmal the whole lot has to come out and be done again.they fed 3 flats with 1 gas meterX(

they dont care for regs,and they have vanishedbad day explode:run

Only ones I have come across are scaffolders or dry-liners

We battle against it all the time here in London. They have no minimum wage. Lots of times the gang leader ( 'The builder') Houses,feeds & picks them up for work. Pays them peanuts. They do absolutely everything from the footings to gas to the roof then disappear.

On a job last summer the house next door to our job had them refurbing. Only one could speak English and he told me how they worked. They were taking the mick out of a guy labouring because 'One was a bank manager back home, but is earning more here shoveling sh*t but complaining about blisters'

The Olympics site is near to me. I know many sparks who failed to get in. The main contractors train up plumbers, electricians and chippys back in Poland and offer them a contract of air flight, lodgings and travel before bringing them

Good grief. I'm wondering if I'm just wasting my time training up. Maybe I should have a drink instead. :Y Yes, that's probably a better idea.

LIV

Cant say I have come across any polsh sparks here in LIverpool but Like most other places theres a lot on general building side

Latest posts