MK electronic time lag switch

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilman

Reaction score
Evening all. I'm after some instructions for MK 1610 electronic time lag switches - can't find any info anywhere. A customer of mine has installed some in communal areas and they don't seem to be working properly. Anyone got user guide or other helpful diagrams/info?

Only have data on older version . Must be the same principle. Its a N/O timer module that switches when one of the non latching switches is pressed on the stairs , check there is a voltage when switched, check there is L&N feed and L&N output when its triggered. This will sound daft but I know someone who fell for this, check that the tenants have nicked all the lamps from the fittings.

have you checked the lamp type - see note in red

MK 1610 Time Delay Switch - 2 to 15 minutes.

This product is suitable for providing lighting for a pre-determined length of time in places

such as staircases, lobbies, etc., with automatic switch off to save energy.

Type of Load(s):

Tungsten Filament Lamp(s) to BS 161 with integral fuse(s)

Load Ratings: - 60W min - 400W max.

Range of adjustable Time Delay:

2 to 15 minutes

Fuse Rating: - 3A, to BS 646: 1958

Notes:

This product is not suitable for use with Fluorescent lamps, 2D or other energy saving lamps or Low Voltage Lighting Systems.

The load on the Time Delay Switch must not be less than the minimum and must not be greater than the maximum, specified above.

I've just realised that all 3 time lag switches are master units - and they are controlling a single 60W lamp. The minimum loading of the master units says 60W. I presume the load is too small; either need capacitors somewhere in the circuit or 1 master and 2 slave units. Does this sound about right?

click on the first link ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------MK Electric Limited The Arnold Centre, [...] it gives a pdf file on the switches

http://www.voltimum.co.uk/search/mk+delay+switches.html
I saw that link but didn't click further as I presumed it was some MK marketing type brochure link or something similar. Good work DaveyGH