Mobile phone insurance

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is it worth it?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Why would I insure two tin cans and a piece of string?

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
Just buy a decent case like an otter box or something. 

Can't find an Otterbox for it.... Ended up getting an Armordillo...

Nowhere near as good as my Otterbox defender that I had on my htc one m8

Don't you have mobile insurance with your banking? 

I can get it, but it's an optional extra which would actually cost me more

Plus EE will replace next day

Looking at the MSE site, and their guidance is, if you "need" your phone for business, go with the insurance your network provider gives you.

If you want cheap, shop around, but, be prepared to be without your phone for quite some time, up to a month in some cases.

I just buy a phone,

Use it until it breaks or stops working, then buy another one, usually works out about 1/3 the price of a phone from your provider. 

Currently looking at trying to get one if these cheap Chinese dual SIM phones, I currently have a Sony SP ,  trying to find a dual SIM with a decent camera (>8mp) and less than 5" screen seems almost impossible though for 50£   :|

Plenty of >5" screens about, current phone is 4&1/2" and that's more than too big tbh. 

Never buy phones , EE send free one every two years , just increased my bill up to £15  month though .  Free calls to Brum landlines & a million free texts a day or something.

Somewhere there a couple of JCB branded  "Builder's Phones"   which were , I think, a Nocky encased in a rugged rubbery type case , excellent for the job  but not what you'd call a poser's phone.

Last edited by a moderator: