Morco D 61B Problem

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike47

Reaction score
Hi

I have a MORCO D 61B Central heating Boiler in my Mobile ( static )  Home , I have problem with the Pilot light going out , The pilot light will light and stay on when I release the button , but when I use the hot water or the Central heating the pilot light goes out when the demand has ceased , ie pilot light on , run hot water ok , turn of hot water then the pilot light will go out , each time i use the boiler I have to put the pilot light on .

It just seems strange , I am going to purchase a new thermo coupling ( £ 28 ) but not sure if that is the problem , I would of thought if it was then it would not stay on at all ! .

spike

Could be any number of reasons, I doubt it's the thermocouple, they generally either work or don't without middle ground between the two. Rather than splash out on thermocouples maybe get someone qualified in the service it, I doubt it would be a large cost and there's a good chance servicing might sort out the problem anyway.

It does sound like the thermo couple to me, when the burners on the flame is keeping the valve open, however pilot is not.

Maybe pilot needs adjusting, increase or moved slightly.

It sounds like an issue with the pilot itself, to be honest - when demand is made, the main burners light - but does the pilot decrease in size at the same time; due to a reduction in pressure - enough to cool the thermocouple, so that the pilot is extinguished when the burner demand is satisfied?

Thanks Guy's for your replies , even "sharpend's " reply , Yes I do know this is a Electricians Forum , I am a qualified electrician for a  considerable number of years , it is posted in , " Central Heating Forum & Storage heaters Forums !! .

cheers

spike