Most funny/weirdest light fitting

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m4tty

Scaredy cat™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the weirdest light fitting youve ever fitted ?

Just remembered a job last year up in barrister land up embankment in London I had to fit a few light fittings for a barrister and never seen anything like it ever. Apparently they are only sold in one shop in the uk and they were 'spiffing' :)

Innermost Jeeves & Wooster Bowler Hat Pendant Light

Lol wish I'd taken a picture but didn't get a chance as was being watched soon the job lol yeah one of them ones

Just wondered if any of you have got any funny ones or stories?

Cheers

Jeeves and Wooster hat lights are certainly unusual ..Great .

Steptoe has a Stetson one in his office you know!! ...can't think what that means ;) :C

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 18:10 ---------- Previous post was made at 18:07 ----------

As an apprentice we fitted a huge cut glass thing at the Warwickshire Cricket Club . Firm took out special insurance for the fitting as I remember. ( Pre Delboy that was )

Just remembered ...one of those pinpoint fibre optic bloody things , about 200 optics from 2 drivers , customer wanted this blooming great circle of pin point lights on the ceiling . Usual setting out problem with trying to avoid the joists.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol. Has to be either one chap attempting to fit an un-earthed Harley davidson headlight modified into a ceiling light in his bathroom or a weird pendant-type light with a 6-foot 50kg ceramic lampshade 15 foot up which was poorly designed to take all the weight on a 1.0mm 2-core flex.

on a recent job we had 8 lots of laminated ply rings with the centre cut out, 2 drums of black flex, 48 black batten holders, 48 fancy lamps @

Not a funny light fitting as such.

But a few years ago, I fitted probably a dozen light fittings in a bungalow, some wall lights and some ceiling lights.

A year or so later I got called to do "some lighting jobs" The address sounded kind of familiar. When I got there, it was the same bungalow, new owner, and my instructions were to "remove those hideous lights"

Everyone's taste differs.

Paid to put them up, and paid to take them down again.